Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:mad: OK, I just returned from the dealer where they upgraded my software to 19.0.1.

Now my Bluetooth doesn't work, and I have a very funky smell when I turn on the air conditioner and deactivate the snow flake feature. In addition, I now notice that as soon as I start the car my radio sounds and the "agreement" screen is immediately displayed.

Any suggestions?
 

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
Joined
·
454 Posts
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,650 Posts
ralphg said:
:mad: OK, I just returned from the dealer where they upgraded my software to 19.0.1.

Now my Bluetooth doesn't work, and I have a very funky smell when I turn on the air conditioner and deactivate the snow flake feature. In addition, I now notice that as soon as I start the car my radio sounds and the "agreement" screen is immediately displayed.

Any suggestions?
Sorry about BlueTooth.

The newer version of the code boots when you press the remote to unlock the doors. The boot process for iDrive takes approx. 28 seconds. The sooner you can unlock you doors from afar the better. What you are seeing is the iDrive completed booting before you got the key in, and thus the radio and accept screen come up quicker.

Check with the dealer and BMWNA, there seems to be a few issues with BlueTooth and the later version of code. Also, I think the latest version of code is 20.x, 19.x has been out for some time now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
ralphg said:
:mad: OK, I just returned from the dealer where they upgraded my software to 19.0.1.

Now my Bluetooth doesn't work, and I have a very funky smell when I turn on the air conditioner and deactivate the snow flake feature. In addition, I now notice that as soon as I start the car my radio sounds and the "agreement" screen is immediately displayed.

Any suggestions?
When you mentioned deactivating the snowflake feature, are you referring to the chime and 37 degree warning? If so, please tell me how it's deactivated. I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I haven't heard anything from BMW yet. I've been told by the dealer to take the car back and they will have to re-do the upgrade. Is this normal? I also notice that since this upgrade was done, my navigational system will not let me go below 400ft when I put it on "Perspective". I can't see the names of the streets as I drive.

Kind of frustrating after spending this kind of money. Is there anything you can do to help me out here?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Perspective view

Just an "FYI" for perspective view on GPS.

It (Perspective View) will not show the names of city streets. Just City/Town and interstates.

Hope this puts you at ease a bit!

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
vatkens said:
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Do you perhaps know if the BMW ULF module for an E60 is compatible with al E60's.
At ebay sometimes an ULF is offered but I doubt whether all versions are compatible with newer cars. My E60 is brand new (2006) and has the SA644 option installed , so do I need the newest version of the ULF module or can it be an older version too? :dunno:

Thanks in advance for the answer :thumbup:

Stealth1
 

·
Freude am Fahren
Joined
·
19,687 Posts
tcoz said:
When you mentioned deactivating the snowflake feature, are you referring to the chime and 37 degree warning? If so, please tell me how it's deactivated. I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks
He is referring to turning the air conditioning off.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top