BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here...I have a 530xit with CPO warranty on it. Experiencing problems with flat tire monitor system claiming to be malfunctioning. On the third time the dealer had my car they have kept it and supplied me a loaner 3 series (very nice of them & I appreciate this). When the car is driven over 20 miles continuous, the error code states flat tire monitor system malfunction. I can clear the code from the screen (and the dealer then says it does not show in the code retrieval). First 2 times the dealership had the car they found nothing. Third time (& at 99,900 miles...no joke here) I turned the car in with keys in it and running and code displayed. They got a tech over without shutting it off and then have had the car since. So far, different tires, new sensors, computer, wiring harness all replaced with a no fix. Corporate techs & engineers are involved I am told. Obviously the car now has over 100K on it (due to their testing) and once I get it back will have no warranty. The car also has panoramic sunroof and does leak and they have looked at this problem also, telling me it's fine. My frustration level is getting too high. While I truly appreciate another car to drive, I bought the wagon cause that's what I wanted. Suggestions? Anyone ever have a car under warranty be out of commission for over three months? I am in NY and bought the car through a BMW dealership down in Alabama (no winter salt). Sorry for long post. I also own a 98 Z3, have owned it for 12 years, not one problem! This was my first BMW and now I also own this wagon...

·
Registered
824 Posts
First off if they're going to keep the car that long I suggest you request a 5 loaner. How long have you owned the wagon?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, I will ask about a 5 series loaner.
I just bought the car a year ago from Montgomery BMW, great car, CPO, great price...loved driving it back from Alabama, was going to have it shipped but I cut short a vacation in Ft Myers and took a rental up to Alabama.

I am just not sure how far to "push" the dealership here, they have been wonderful, but are getting frustrated too. I am not sure what to "ask" for if the problem can't be corrected...

·
Registered
824 Posts
How about sitting down with the service manager and telling him it's time to discuss the options. See what he has to offer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We had the same deal going on with out X5 they had the truck for over a month and brought in techs from corp and replaced a whole bunch of things. They gave a 535xit wagon for a loaner. But after a sit down with the service manager and general manager and phone calls to bmw they gave us back the money for the 100k mile warranty we bought and an extra 4k towards a new car (at invoice) or a check if we signed off after they fixed the car we would not come after them for the same issue. The dealer gave 2k towards it and BMW USA also gave money. Call BWMUSA and bitch!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for sharing with me....it's been frustrating. I did call BMWUSA and also BMWCCA (been a member for 12 years). BMWUSA, after I got a manager, told me "it's up to the dealership to repair". Today I called the NYS Attorney General but was told because I bought the car out of Alabama, they could not be involved and I should call the Attorney General in Alabama.

I guess I have to call BMWUSA again and ask for someone "higher" up than manager. Then try for a sit down conversation / meeting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts