BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BMW Enthusiast!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far, my 750i is awesome, except I have a couple minor issues to go to the shop with. maybe someone else has had these and can offer guidance.

1. A/C is very underpowered.. sounds strong, but takes a while to cool off. yes, I am in south florida, but my 5'ers were MUCH better than this. the dealer warned me that they were weak on the 7's. any solutions other than moving?
2. light ticking sound coming from steering wheel when turning left or right. wierd.
3. wind noise sounds like coming from passenger windshield area.. but when i put head more in the middle, it evens out.. this is an odd one. I'd hate for them to take off windshield if this isn't the issue.
4. that's about it.. this car is very smooth, engine smooth, and generally very quiet.. knock on wood.

thanks.

andy

·
Registered
707 Posts
1. - check your hot/cold settings in the idrive. also, keep in mind that A/C sensitivity can be adjusted a few degrees according to this: http://www.geocities.com/e65faq/E65_ElectronicsOptions.xls
look for 'correction of point set temperature' or something like that

2. - i think that is normal, i am pretty sure my 7er does the same thing.
3. - you sure its not the wind hitting your ourside mirrors?

·
BMW Enthusiast!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yan_745Li said:
1. - check your hot/cold settings in the idrive. also, keep in mind that A/C sensitivity can be adjusted a few degrees according to this: http://www.geocities.com/e65faq/E65_ElectronicsOptions.xls
look for 'correction of point set temperature' or something like that

2. - i think that is normal, i am pretty sure my 7er does the same thing.
3. - you sure its not the wind hitting your ourside mirrors?
it could be, re: #3. will check out the adjustment. i have idrive set to coldest!

thanks.

·
2002 745LI
168 Posts
Have your battery checked. mine was running low and the AC was not working properly.
Spoke to my SA had the battery replaced, AC works Awesome!

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
air conditioning

It may be you. Or,exactly,your car needs some attention. My 750 gets cold enough to hang meat at a set of 69-70 degrees in 95 degree weather.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I live in North Carolina. It has not been exactly cold here recently, 100 degree range. My AC works great - no problem.

Dont know about the turning click. Will check.

No wind noise problem what so ever.
vz

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
454 Posts
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agreed!!

hello-

one week in new 750 (traded from 2005 545)
ONE complaint...A/C!!!!!!!!!
although i know having the windows tinted on my prior car helped...BUT STILL....
it takes FOREVER to cool down the cabin..and although it sounds LOUD...and the rear vents ARE closed...and the settings in idrive ARE set to coldest...it just doesnt COOL as good as it "should"........

jack

·
BMW Enthusiast!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hello-

one week in new 750 (traded from 2005 545)
ONE complaint...A/C!!!!!!!!!
although i know having the windows tinted on my prior car helped...BUT STILL....
it takes FOREVER to cool down the cabin..and although it sounds LOUD...and the rear vents ARE closed...and the settings in idrive ARE set to coldest...it just doesnt COOL as good as it "should"........

jack
You said it! perfect description... unfortunately, I think this is characteristic of the car.. nothing we can do about it, unless anyone knows of an upgrade compressor or fix

1 - 9 of 9 Posts