BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 BMW 530i with the n52b30a engine. So its misfiring on cylinders one and six. i know a couple of ignition coils are going bad but no matter how i switch these coils, it keeps reappearing in the same cylinders. I pulled out the sparkplugs and they are dry so no oil causing misfire. I get the variable intake engine code which is the disa. So i dont know if the disa that redirects the air is bad that its not letting air go to cylinder one and six or its a bad engine. My dad thinks its the engine. He's a mechanic but he hasnt looked into my car. He keeps saying it is. The car has 223k miles. SURPRISING RIGHT?? Well everything else works fine. I mean the previous owners only did highway from san francisco to los angeles so not that bad wear. This is the only issue it has. The car still does it's 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. It has a charcoal delete on the air filter, muffler delete, and thats all. THE MISFIRE IS ONLY EVERYTIME I TURN IT ON LIKE 5-15 MINUTES OF SITTING. I GO TO THE STORE AND COME OUT AND WHEN I TURN IT ON. THE RPMS GO TO 1000 INSTEAD OF THE USUAL 1500K AND THEN IT GOES DOWN. ITS LIKE ITS STUCK OR SOMETHING AND THE CAR SHAKES A LITTLE NOT TOO BAD. BUT THE MORNINGS ITS THE WORST. ITS LIKE ITS VIBRATING. ITS LIKE THE LONGER YOU LET IT SIT THE WORSE IT GETS. BUT IF I GET HOME AND LET IT SIT. AND THEN I TURN IT ON AFTER THREE HOURS. IT WILL MISFIRE AND THEN I WILL TURN IT OFF. THE NEXT MORNING IT DOESNT MISFIRE. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. It's my first car. I can do the maintenance, i just don't know whats the issue. Before i replace the engine. I want to try to fix it

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,483 Posts
BTW, 2006 530 N52 has 2 DISA valves. You have a code and it seems like a plausible theory. You might want to check them out. 223K is a lot of miles no matter the car...and a lot for a BMW.

For me, before I'd replace an engine, I'd replace the plugs and coils. They are wear and tear items anyway.

I have a 2006 530xi 6 speed. Bought it new, still love to drive it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW, 2006 530 N52 has 2 DISA valves. You have a code and it seems like a plausible theory. You might want to check them out. 223K is a lot of miles no matter the car...and a lot for a BMW.

For me, before I'd replace an engine, I'd replace the plugs and coils. They are wear and tear items anyway.

I have a 2006 530xi 6 speed. Bought it new, still love to drive it.
We ruled that possibility out. ANd yea i can just swap em over to the new engine. But i think a faulty injector might be doing this. I think this would seem the symptoms for a injector that is leaking once i turn it off. Tomorrow me and my father will take it apart and swap injector places and see if the misfire follows. because the misfire is only temporary. :rofl::thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well none of this matters anymore. New engine with only 94k miles!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts