BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever remove the headlight assemblies from their E46 facelift?

I'm trying to install my angel eyes that I just bought from JLevi...any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks, Gil

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Yeah, it's easy...but what milobloom said, just email JLevi or Umnitza and they'll send you instructions

·
Registered
523 Posts
Face lift coupe, you are going to have to bake the headlights. I was going to order the Angel eyes as well, but I really don't want to put my headlights in an oven. I'm afraid that I might burn them or melt something that I'm not suppose to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help...

My set up was a little different from the instructions on the Umnitza website and I didn't get a password for JLevi site when I placed my order. I did email Nick at JLevi and he hooked me up with which bolts to pull to get the headlight out (I pulled the wrong two, the bottom ones).

Overall it's a pretty easy installation...would be cake the second time around. Baking the headlight wasn't a problem at all. If you think about it the engine bay gets hotter than 200 degrees and even when I pulled them out of the oven they didn't seem all that hot. So if you're thinking about angel eyes don't let the baking discourage you!

Thanks again for the help, Gil

·
Registered
84 Posts
Face lift coupe, you are going to have to bake the headlights. I was going to order the Angel eyes as well, but I really don't want to put my headlights in an oven. I'm afraid that I might burn them or melt something that I'm not suppose to.
So, pre-facelift, is baking not necessary then? Also, for controlling when they come on, has anyone wired them into a separate switch on the instrument panel, similar to the E90 series? To me, that would be ideal, if there was a switch that would work and wouldn't look too much like an add on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts