BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 E90 Coils and Cylinder numbering

9231 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  donoharm
I would like to ask if anyone knows how the cylinders are numbered in a 2006 325i E90 4-door. Is the #1 cylinder near the windshield or the headlights?

Also, I purchased a new coil, but it has a slightly different post on it where it attaches to the spark plug. The one I removed was a round tube shape with a rubber housing. The one I purchased has a sort of square shape post with indentions and no rubber housing.
Can anyone explain the difference to me?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
#1 is at the front.
I would like to ask if anyone knows how the cylinders are numbered in a 2006 325i E90 4-door. Is the #1 cylinder near the windshield or the headlights?
Thanks

Thank you :)
any tips on changing coils and plugs on 06 325- I changed cylinders 1-4 when SES came on reading lean condition, this fixed the problem 8000 miles but the other two coils have gone bad. I know this as the SES has returned but this time indicating a misfire. This makes sense because the other four were replaced so they can make up for the lost power of the two resulting in a misfire instead of a lean condition. Anybody agree with me? Either way I didn't change 5 and 6 because i can't pull the coils off and reach the plugs due to them being under windshield. Any tips on ways to change these as easily as 1-4.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.