BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CSUchemgrad
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!!!!

I recently traded in my 2005 VW GTI for a 2006 M roadster. Very excited! But anyway, I am keeping the car outside and to make a long short, the car is equipped with an alarm system, but it is not installed. the red light blinks at night, but I think I dont think it is working. I tried locking the car and sitting in it. No dice. no alarm, pulling the handel, no dice. Then I called the dealer and had them run the vin. they said it was not installed. SO my question is. Do these cars have the ability to have an alarm installed and the red light blinks for it won health? this frustrates me. :mad: Also I called the dealer and they said it cost 850 for the alarm, installation, and get the computer all hooked up. You think is is worth it to do it at the dealer, or take it to car toys. I am sure you all would say Dealer! cause you don't want some pimpled face punk pooping your clutch. A little input would be helpful from all you guys.

paul

ps- i did see the last thread

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the club. I am sure you will enjoy the car and find these boards quite helpful. Suggest you start with a search on this subject as there were several recent & extensive posts on this including prices from Tischer BMW. Good hunting.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Hey all!!!!

I recently traded in my 2005 VW GTI for a 2006 M roadster. Very excited! But anyway, I am keeping the car outside and to make a long short, the car is equipped with an alarm system, but it is not installed. the red light blinks at night, but I think I dont think it is working. I tried locking the car and sitting in it. No dice. no alarm, pulling the handel, no dice. Then I called the dealer and had them run the vin. they said it was not installed. SO my question is. Do these cars have the ability to have an alarm installed and the red light blinks for it won health? this frustrates me. :mad: Also I called the dealer and they said it cost 850 for the alarm, installation, and get the computer all hooked up. You think is is worth it to do it at the dealer, or take it to car toys. I am sure you all would say Dealer! cause you don't want some pimpled face punk pooping your clutch. A little input would be helpful from all you guys.

paul

Did you look at the Z4 FAQ?

·
BruceJ
122 Posts
Hey all!!!!

paul

Slightly mutilating Richard Hammonds words, "BMW has not lost the art of Ripping you Off!" Welcome to the club, We ALL feel your pain. BMW has never attempted to deliver value for money with anything other than the CPO market. Thats pretty sweet. Down here in DOH land the full alarm kit, installed, is about a cool thou at the dealer. Or you can hit the DIYs on Z-post for alarms and find the BMW basic tilt/open door/open hood alarm is about 50-60 bucks and you put it in. For a few hundred more you can get the interior motion sensor, and you put it in. Lots of us think the motion sensor is pretty worthless and 60 bucks delivered from Tisher is a pretty sweet deal. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.