BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have been following my threads, you know where I am at. I really want to stay with a 7 series post my 2007 total loss. I am heavily leaning toward buying a CPO vehicle. I am currently working on two vehicles at two different dealers. A Black on Black 2006 750li Sport and a Silver on Black 750i non-sport. From memory of reading threads on this forum over the last year+, I believe the 2007 has auto folding mirrors and AUX input as the only differences. I remember vaguely that the iDrive BUS may have changed from 2006 to 2007 and maybe the NAV is different as well. Can anyone confirm this or refute it? I ask because if I go the 2006 route, I want to negotiate the BMW ipod adapter installation. It's stuck in my mind that this was only available on 2007/2008 model years. I hope I am wrong.

Here's the deal:

The black/black 750li 2006 Sport has 25k miles and is listed for $47,000. Going the 2006 route is appealing because they are offering 0.9% 60 month financing and BMWFS will make the first two payments. However, depending on build dates, the warranty will be shorter than the 2007. The <50k factory warranty will probably turn to CPO terms before 50k because of the 3-year expiration. Again, depending on build date.

The Silver/black 750i non-sport has 27k miles and is listed for $47,000. The best 60 month financing I have found is 4.9% for 60 months.

Of course I have not attacked the price yet. I can probably get them down $3,000 on either car. I like both cars, but coming from a sport, I am leaning toward the black on black.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll using the search engine in the interim.

Joe

EDIT - got my answer here on the ipod. The search engine works. Glad I used it before Sunny slapped me silly LOL!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295087&highlight=2006+ipod

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
This has absolutely nothing to do with mileage, age, and etc. I had a black on black and now I have a silver one with flannel gray interior and I really wish I would have kept my black on black. I know the warranty is much more important than anything else on these cars but I thought the black on black was perfect.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. Silver with a gray interior is a non-starter for me. I had gray interior on my 2002 745li Titanium Gray which was OK, but it is a little boring. I really want an interior that come with black carpets and headliner, such as natural brown (obviously on black not silver).

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would go with the 06, DEFINITELY, and you know it too. You can still have the ipod adapter installed, and its the long wheel base, and its black on black, and its a sports model which means black molding, come oooooonnnnn :thumbup: You throw some factory 20s on that with a drop, and its all over!!!

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Joe keep looking, silver is boring and has been done to death + coming from a sport i wouldnt even consider a non sport( Us sport owners know). Black ehh again done to death. Your red was awesome but unlikely to find again as a cpod car, The e65/66 is not rare, keep looking and the perfect car will come up, even if it takes another 2 weeks. i would def take the .09 even if it meant doing an 06, its the same car in the end and it doesnt seem like youll keep it for 4 yrs anyway. My 1st choice would be a white sport in the 1 version unless you really like the li and need the rear seat, mine is rarely sat in, what about td waynes car?? didnt he just trade a whiteli sport/tan to a mb dealer?? try to find that one....:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,023 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
If you have been following my threads, you know where I am at. I really want to stay with a 7 series post my 2007 total loss. I am heavily leaning toward buying a CPO vehicle. I am currently working on two vehicles at two different dealers. A Black on Black 2006 750li Sport and a Silver on Black 750i non-sport. From memory of reading threads on this forum over the last year+, I believe the 2007 has auto folding mirrors and AUX input as the only differences. I remember vaguely that the iDrive BUS may have changed from 2006 to 2007 and maybe the NAV is different as well. Can anyone confirm this or refute it? I ask because if I go the 2006 route, I want to negotiate the BMW ipod adapter installation. It's stuck in my mind that this was only available on 2007/2008 model years. I hope I am wrong.

Here's the deal:

The black/black 750li 2006 Sport has 25k miles and is listed for $47,000. Going the 2006 route is appealing because they are offering 0.9% 60 month financing and BMWFS will make the first two payments. However, depending on build dates, the warranty will be shorter than the 2007. The <50k factory warranty will probably turn to CPO terms before 50k because of the 3-year expiration. Again, depending on build date.

The Silver/black 750i non-sport has 27k miles and is listed for $47,000. The best 60 month financing I have found is 4.9% for 60 months.

Of course I have not attacked the price yet. I can probably get them down $3,000 on either car. I like both cars, but coming from a sport, I am leaning toward the black on black.

Joe

EDIT - got my answer here on the ipod. The search engine works. Glad I used it before Sunny slapped me silly LOL!

Of the choices, go w/ the 06.
Just get the Zaino ready!:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input. I am definitely hooked on the black sport. I spoke with the dealer, which is the one I got my barbera red from, the car is immaculate and the prior owner is a long time customer who treats his cars like gold. The interest rate is not for 60 months, it is 0.9% for 36 months, 2.9% for 48 months and 3.9% for 66 months. CPO up on 1/10/2012 or 100k, factory up on 1/10/2010 or 50k. Car has all the options in my signature except ipod adapter which I will negotiate. I am going to buy full maintenance or negotiate it in.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
screw the silver, get the black sport!

I dont know if the newer years did it but for 2006 the trunk opens but doesnt close automatically via the dash button.

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts

Here's the deal:

Joe

the 07's have auto folding mirrors and AUX input and thats the only difference between the 06 and 07. the navi was changed for the 06+ model so everything should be the same as your 07.

out of those to 2 cars i would go with the black sport:thumbup:.... have you looked at the S class?

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
screw the silver, get the black sport!

I dont know if the newer years did it but for 2006 the trunk opens but doesnt close automatically via the dash button.
I don't think my '07 did this either or I never came across it.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the 07's have auto folding mirrors and AUX input and thats the only difference between the 06 and 07. the navi was changed for the 06+ model so everything should be the same as your 07.

out of those to 2 cars i would go with the black sport:thumbup:.... have you looked at the S class?
So last night I had planned to hit BMW, Audi, MB, Range Rover and Lexus. I seriously did not think I would hit them all, but I didn't think I would spend three hours in the BMW dealership. I am going to hit MB and Audi tonight as they are right across from each other. I do have my heart set on another seven though. I know my cars pretty well. The S-class just doesn't excite me. Who knows, maybe they will have an AMG in price range.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'd go with the black 06 as well. looks like you want to spend right around 50k but if your willing to shell out another 15k, i think the alpina expobmw located could be the winner.
http://newcenturybmw.com/invDetail.php?vin=WBAHL83527DT89532&vStatus=2#

2007, low mileage, black on black for not much more
I'll check it out Diz, but it must be warranted or CPO'd for a significant amount of time. That would be sweet in black though. The link you posted is for a blue alpina, not for me.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

You get anything new yet?

·
Armed Pilot!
180 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Joe
Check this out- its at my dealer
CPO 2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li Sedan 4DStock Number: bb5130
VIN: WBAHN835X6DT26848
Bodystyle: 750li Sedan 4D
Engine: V8 4.8 Liter
Transmission: Steptronic Auto
DriveTrain: RWD
Ext. Color: Barbera Red Metallic
Int. Color: Beige
Mileage: 34319

$42,900.00

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's the dealer. I'll give them a call. Miles are a little high and if it's not a sport, it's a non-starter. Barbera Red does not look good in non-sport.

·
Registered
229 Posts
For financing can't beat Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Free to join if you have any military in your family (my dad's a Vietnam vet, I haven't talked to him in 30 years but I mentioned that he's a vet on the phone when I called to join and they didn't need any confirming info) or join the affiliate organization they have for a few bucks. Auto loans are 3.99 for 60 months new or used. You qualify for the loan online, tell them how much you want and they send you a blank check. Make it out to the dealer and you're good to go. I financed my 06 750Li that way, easiest deal ever.

For the car, I'd definitely stick with an Li over a short car. Sport is a personal preference but the couple sport cars I drove didn't drive that much better than my non-sport to make a difference for me, and I like my chrome trim. Seems to me the red car posted above would be perfect for you, unless you're sick of red and want a good color like my Michigan Blue :)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts