BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 Z4 3.0si Oil Filter

3374 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  madurodave
Sorry, I mistakenly posted this in the E89 thread.:dunno:

I have searched everywhere but I am unable to find an answer to a seemingly easy question. I have a 2006 Z4 3.0si with sport package. I am simply looking for an oil filter. I went to change my filter with a Mann HU 925 4x but it was much longer than the existing filter. Everywhere I look it says I need this one. However, I did find a couple of sites that said the HU 816 X was the correct filter. It said Z4's with a heat exchanger needed the 816 and those without used the 925. How do I if I have a heat exchanger. I recently purchased this car so I don't feel comfortable just going by what is in it.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I remember having the same issue...tried to get a K&N, it was too large...I went to 2 diff shops, and got diff brands, and still too large... I took the one that was already in mine to the shop and got a diff year, 2005 I think, don't remember..just have to go with another car, take what you have and have them compare it..dunno why it was so hard...

no idea about the heat exchanger issue..
Sorry, I mistakenly posted this in the E89 thread.:dunno:

I have searched everywhere but I am unable to find an answer to a seemingly easy question. I have a 2006 Z4 3.0si with sport package. I am simply looking for an oil filter. I went to change my filter with a Mann HU 925 4x but it was much longer than the existing filter. Everywhere I look it says I need this one. However, I did find a couple of sites that said the HU 816 X was the correct filter. It said Z4's with a heat exchanger needed the 816 and those without used the 925. How do I if I have a heat exchanger. I recently purchased this car so I don't feel comfortable just going by what is in it.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry
HU816X is the proper filter. I have the same motor.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.