BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Stealth
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I need some ideas on this one. I noticed that the right side rear corner marker is not lit, I went to replace the bulb and couldn't locate it. I stopped by the dealership and my SA was kind enough to replace it as a "courtesy". However thats when the bad news came. :cry:

He mentioned that he replaced the bulb, and it still didn't work. He also noticed that the front right corner marker, at the very edge of the headlight, doesn't work either. So basically it happens that the front corner and back corner marker of the right hand side doesn't light. SA told me that it would be $125 to diagnose.

That being said, I consider myself somewhat handy, and would like to see if I can figure this out. I Unfortunately don't have any of the original documentation for the car, it was all gone when I purchased it.

Do you think this would be a fuse, a wiring problem, or even a short? Being that it is isolated to the right side. Also, I am pretty sure I am within the warranty do you think it would be covered? I thought about looking up a wiring guide for the car, but was unable to locate anything useful.

Thanks for the help! I hope this isn't too complicated to resolve.

·
Stealth
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's under warranty, why does it cost $125 to diagnose?

:confused::confused:
Yea, that through me too. I called and verified that I still had warranty. So $125 was bogus. The SA said that my fender was repainted because the paint doesn't match, I looked all over it and couldn't tell that the paint didn't match, I went back to the carfax I got with the car and it was clean. Not sure if I was being taken or not, so I sought the Higher Power of the Forums!

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Yea, that through me too. I called and verified that I still had warranty. So $125 was bogus. The SA said that my fender was repainted because the paint doesn't match, I looked all over it and couldn't tell that the paint didn't match, I went back to the carfax I got with the car and it was clean. Not sure if I was being taken or not, so I sought the Higher Power of the Forums!
In the link i sent search for "side light".
And "X135" pin 4.
X135 connector is in the headlight area with the fender door removed.
Pin 4 lights the headlight bulb and it goes to the rear bulb from pin 4.

·
Stealth
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the link i sent search for "side light".
And "X135" pin 4.
X135 connector is in the headlight area with the fender door removed.
Pin 4 lights the headlight bulb and it goes to the rear bulb from pin 4.
I went and checked it out, I will have to go through a panel in the Wheel well to get to it. Tried turning the wheel, but there just isn't enough room to work. I will see about taking the wheel off tomorrow to check it out.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
I went and checked it out, I will have to go through a panel in the Wheel well to get to it. Tried turning the wheel, but there just isn't enough room to work. I will see about taking the wheel off tomorrow to check it out.
I'm not done yet.
Maybe just a fuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts