BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007-2008 OEM 21" BMW Alpina B7 E65 "Classic" Alpina Wheels and Center Caps, Staggered, IMMACULATE, STRAIGHT, TRUE - No Longer Available

2007-2008 OEM 21" BMW Alpina B7 E65 "Classic" Alpina Wheels and Center Caps, Staggered, IMMACULATE, STRAIGHT, TRUE

Here are four (4) OEM 21" BMW Alpina wheels off of my newly purchased 2007 BMW Alpina B7. These wheels are huge, one piece, high tech and very strong and light. The specifications on these wheels are as follows:

Front: 8.5Jx21 ET25 (Stock Rubber for B7 was 245/35R21) - Weight 22 lbs
Rear: 10Jx21 ET41 (Stock Rubber for B7 was 285/30R21) - Weight 23 lbs

I know people go crazy for these wheels, and I got flack on the forum for downsizing my wheels, but given this was going to be my daily driver, I decided I needed more practical tires, and swapped these out for 19" rims.

These wheels cost approximately $4200 brand new (see the attached quote from BMW), and including Center Caps, will run approximately $5000 with tax.

I drove around on these rims before I replaced them, and they rode smooth as butter, straight and true, without a shimmy, bounce or, wobble. Although the finish on these rims was excellent (see the BEFORE pictures on the car), there was one 1.5 inch patch of shallow curb rash on one wheel, one small patch of peeling finish on a different wheel, so I chose to take these wheels to a professional wheel refinisher here in Atlanta, and had them professionally refinished in the factory powder coating.

They look fantastic. The wheel refinisher confirmed that the rims were straight, but for due diligence, after I picked them up, I took the rims over to Wheel Wizard in Chamblee, a different wheel repair place, and asked them to spin them up for me on their machine that measures wheel round-out. All four wheels came back with a "PASS", and the round-out measurements on the four wheels varied between 0.007 and 0.013 inches, well within specifications. The printer was broken so they could not print me a spec sheet, but after I discovered this, I took a picture of the PASS screen on the last wheel. The photos on this listing show the BEFORE pictures of the unfinished wheels (on the car), and AFTER the refinishing (on the blanket).

Per the refinisher, the wheel has been stripped, powder primed, powder coated and clear coated with a factory finish. They are gorgeous, durable, and you will not be disappointed.

I will diligently pack the wheels up in double-walled ULINE heavy duty cardboard boxes, with lots of additional cardboard and bubble wrap on all four sides as padding, and ship them to you, or you can pick them up in Atlanta at your convenience. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have or take additional pictures. I will ship these via my employer's commercial UPS account, and charge you the lesser of $300 or actual shipping to your location, or you can pick them up in Atlanta at your convenience.

I am confident in these wheels. If you receive these wheels and are not satisfied, as long as you have not mounted tires on them, I will take the wheels back and refund your money. Ship the wheels back to me at your expense, and I will refund 100 percent of the item price.

List Date: 11/3/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2007-2008 OEM 21" BMW Alpina B7 E65 "Classic" Alpina Wheels and Center Caps, Staggered, IMMACULATE, STRAIGHT, TRUE
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

1 - 1 of 1 Posts