BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 328 xi has acceleration lag of 1 or 2 seconds is there a software update or after market chip thast can fix this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I felt that I was experiencing the same thing on mine and used that as one of the reasons I wanted my software upgraded (not an easy thing to get the delearship to do). Mine wasn't 1-2 seconds, but it feels like my lag is gone...but could be in my head. If you (try to) get them to do the software upgrade, have a few things ready as to why (I also used bluetooth synch time, delay in the back-up sensors ...but in the end they said that was caused by my using an 'unapproved blackberry' - that's a topic for a different post).

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
I think the title of this thread is EXTREMELY misleading. The N52 is one of the most linear engines on the market. That's why it romps the G35+ datsun powerplant in real world use (0-60 hard launch be damned). It's not peaky. It just builds power the whole way up, and it's geared right. 3rd gear in that car is practical from 30 mph to 95 mph.

What you wanted to name your thread is "powertrain and drivetrain lag". You've got two moving parts. First, a torque converting automatic transition. Then you've got a center differential in your AWD system. Not a huge deal, just par for the course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts