BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am interested in replacing the rims (chrome or black with chrome/brushed halo) and would need to keep the stock tires. i am a noob to bmw and understand that the xi series requires a different offset. so suggestions are appreciated as well as info as to correct offset. i do not want to make a costly mistake. thank you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where are you getting your information? Xi has the same offset of 34 all around as any other 328, sport package or not, AFAIK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noob

as i stated i am a bmw noob and read it somewhere and wanted the experts here to assist me...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where are you getting your information? Xi has the same offset of 34 all around as any other 328, sport package or not, AFAIK.
I should revise this by saying the offset is 34 all around, sport package or not except if you get the optional wheel package which is staggered 17 inch rims with offset of 34 in the front and 37 in the rear.

If you want to buy 17" rims and reuse the tires, then I'd suggest you stick with an 8" width and use an offest of 34 all around and you will be fine since this is the stock setup. If you want to stagger and go wider in the rear, then 2 of the orignal tires will not be usable. Plus on an xi, I don't see the point in staggering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thankx...

thankx for the input....the more i know the less i know...BUT, tomorrow i get the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats! and I wanna see pics!!!!!! Post em up and let us know where they are!!! I am still a couple of week away, so I will live vicariously through those pics of yours

1 - 6 of 6 Posts