BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2007 328xi for my 16 year old son. I am taking it to the dealer for a couple recalls that are open. There is a blower wiring decal and the PVC valve as well. I will also be doing a transmission fluid and filter change and a valve cover gasket. Does anyone know if the valve cover will be done when they do the pvc valve recall? Also what is the best online store to get parts and filters? I think it will need lower control arms soon just by the way it takes the potholes in pa.

Love the car and hope for many years of enjoyment for my son.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,948 Posts
...2007 328xi...I am taking it to the dealer for a couple recalls that are open. There is a blower wiring decal and the PVC valve as well. I will also be doing a transmission fluid and filter change and a valve cover gasket. Does anyone know if the valve cover will be done when they do the pvc valve recall? Also what is the best online store to get parts and filters?
Welcome to the Forum! The two recalls announced in 2017 were related to (1) the wiring harness & connector for the Blower Motor Final Stage Resistor, and (2) the Crankcase Breather Heater. That Breather Heater is an electric heating element located Under the Intake manifold (you can see it lookiing down between the manifold tubes for cylinders 2 & 3. So the Valve Cover is NOT removed in performing that recall.

Check your serpentine belt, idler & tensioner BEFORE & AFTER the recall is performed, as the Dealer will be removing the belt & alternator to gain access to the Breather Heater under the Intake (without removing the intake. You should probably ask them to make sure no 12-year-old hoses at the Breather Heater are broken and to install new if necessary (your dime for new hoses), as if the old hoses crack or break on reassembly, you get "Too Lean" O2 sensor faults for vacuum leaks.

RCRITS for both recalls are attached if you want to get the details of the procedures to be performed. As far as parts, I would suggest checking between several possible parts sources such as ECS & Autohaus for OEM or aftermarket parts, and getbmwparts.com for "Genuine BMW" parts at the lowest price.

I also attach a pdf containing "E9x References": TIS Online Service Manual -- great for circuit diagrams, Bentley Manual in searchable pdf format, P-code & BMW Fault Code Search site, BMW owner information sites, BimmerGeeks sites for K+DCAN Cable & free INPA/ISTA software downloads, and a LOT more. Basically everything you need to maintain your own BMW.

George

Attachments

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,834 Posts
Was confused by the title "ending parts" so thought I'd read...and I'm still confused. What does that title mean?

Are you going to DIY the trans fluid? If not it would be interesting to see what your dealership charges if they will even do it at all.

sent from the future using the bimmerfest app embedded in my neural implant

·
Registered
742 Posts
Best to ask the shop about the valve cover.

FCPEuro is a very popular vendor due to their lifetime guarantee. ECSTuning, Amazon, BAVAuto, AutoHausAZ, and several others are also very good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You may want to find out if your vehicle is also under the Takata Recall, covers 2000-2013 3 Series, especially if your son is driving it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Recalls done

Dealer was great with the recalls. They even gave me a 2019 X3 for a loaner while it was in which answered a question I had. My sons 328XI would, at low acceleration, shutter or have a mild vibration. If you pushed harder or left off the gas it would go away. Well the 2019 had the same thing. Is this just the way the AWD works?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts