BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello every one. new to bmw , i have a 2007 335 xi and loving it, doing some up grades. 19 rims that are steped. would like to a dinan stage 2 or 3 , ive been reading about the stage 2 and 3 and some people say go to another programer, some peolpe are very happy and others not. what should i expect from 74 hp more. i figure the car should be in the 12s if you are adding that much more hp. am i wrong

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our E90 3 Series forum, you'll get more advice in here.

Tim

·
Evil cider brewer
22,845 Posts
Is that WHP, or BHP. If you are talking about WHP, then yes, high to mid 12's.

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
If you are going to stage 2 or 3 it will be time to upgrade some other components. Most notably the inter-cooler. But a better exhaust would help you a lot also. Does your car have the factory oil cooler? You can tell by looking for it in the front of the passenger side wheel well. If not and you want to add that kind of horsepower it is time to add one. Dinan has everything you need but there are other options out there as well. I have done all of those upgrades and a cold air intake. Mine is an 08 335xi coupe and it is now the quickest car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was going to cut out the muffler to a staight pipe in the stock muffler. add a cold air intake. do i need to do oil cooler, inter-cooler

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
Frankly the value of the cold air intake is dubious. The Inter-Cooler upgrade should be your absolute first priority with any upgrade to software. Oil cooler is a close second.

·
Vendor
6,808 Posts
hello every one. new to bmw , i have a 2007 335 xi and loving it, doing some up grades. 19 rims that are steped. would like to a dinan stage 2 or 3 , ive been reading about the stage 2 and 3 and some people say go to another programer, some peolpe are very happy and others not. what should i expect from 74 hp more. i figure the car should be in the 12s if you are adding that much more hp. am i wrong
I would skip Dinan and get JB4 + Intercooler and charge pipe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts