BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first BMW a few months ago (woo hoo!) - found a CPO that had every option that i was looking for except for the ipod adapter. I thought that i'd be able to deal without it but now i realize that i really wish that i had it.

My local bmw dealer will install the ipod interface adapter into my car for about 500 bucks. Is this really the only option to get my ipod integrated onto my nav screen and to control the music through the steering wheel? Is there a cheaper aftermarket way? I've tried to find one but i can't seem to.

I guess i have a few questions. Does anyone have experience with the ipod interface adapter? Is it very slow in loading the music? Does the it get rid of the cd option? Again this is the ipod interface adapter not the usb/ipod adapter.

If i found an aftermarket one or got it installed somewhere else woulld it void warranty?

Thanks in advance! This forum is great!

·
BMWCCA Member #405750
1,450 Posts
It certainly would not void the entire warranty but it would certainly void any audio/electronics related warranty. BMW is very sh!tty about these things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts