Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Gents,

Car is giving me the shudders and hesitation under accelleration, it only seems to do it once the car is warm. i have recently replaced all my plugs and coil packs maybe a month or 2 ago,
there is an engine light on now as well.

i feel like it fuel/ignition related, most likely the injectors.

Its going in thursday to BMW to have the injectors replaced under recall i guess someone never had any recalls done (the car has 200K km), and its fully covered which is awesome. ill read the code tonight to get more info. if it just happens to be injectors then i would be the luckiest person alive.

Could it possibly be HPFP related? the dealer quoted me at 1400$ for the HPFP (just for the pump) . i looked online and its around the same for a new pump (OEM. i dont deal with remans anymore.)

i hate to miss a chance to get them to install it since i believe they will have easy access to it while changing the injectors... but 1400$ is pretty hefty just for the part.

This car scars me. every problem is a 2000$ problems (mostly lack of maintenance from other owners... but still). I think it might be worse than my V8 S4.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Get those codes scanned. It could be anything. It could be the transmission/torque converter going out for all we know, assuming of course it’s an automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its standard RWD only. about 4 months ago i had the clutch and RMS replaced as well....but pretty much rulling out driveline at this point due to the engine light and rough idle and being RWD.

funny enough it also sounds like a WRX engine/exhaust right now. cant decide if i like or hate that... :/
its just running weird overall. i hope its those injectors. that would be such a deserved break...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had 2 leaky injectors that were causing stumbling and eventually a code on hard acceleration. Codes should point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they changed out the injectors and its still doing the same thing. the code they are getting is fuel pressure sensor... there going to do another look over it and get back to me.
i hope its not the HPFP :(

it feels like when you have a faulty ignition coilr or plug...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts