BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help need info for atfermarket rca to add so i can run aftermarket amp and subs in truck of my 2007 550 i with logic7 i drive

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our 5 Series forum, you'll get more help in here.

Tim

·
Registered
337 Posts
You need a HI-low. You can splice into the amp harness in the trunk on the left hand side.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Are you sure you connected it to the correct wires?......a dumb question...is the gain on your amp up?

·
Registered
337 Posts
FYI if you don't have a fold down rear seat then you won't be getting major bass out of any sub. I have an Orion 12.2" competition sub and a 3000watt competition amp and the amount of bass I get is ridiculously low. My trunk sounds like it wants to blow off but the bass is low(I'm going to dynomat in the real near future)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Did you connect a capacitor?.....my amp goes into protect because the voltage dips below 11 volts....and my amp isn't even up half way...do you have fold down seats?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My seat doesn't fold down so I fold the arm rest down and took the plastic on the back off and cut a square out and ,,,, it got extremely louder and no on the capacitor if I had the amp up to loud it would do the same thing so I turned it down ,,, maybe I'll look into a second battery or capacitor for FULL POWER WHEN I TURN MY AMP UP 1/2 I wanted to get out of the car it was so loud and deep bass

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't go that big but I think I'm going to need to now cause the trunk is air tight I need it to come out and let the sub do its thing ,,,, what size sub and amp are you pushing

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a 12.2 Orion with a 3500 watt Orion amp, a 3 farad capacitor( in my opinion it only holds the charge for just a few minutes to power the amp)and a Clarion EQ in my glovebox. I definitely feel the difference with the hole but it's still nothing like having the fold down seat. As far as the battery goes, I need to check to see if mine is old and needs replacing. I should've done all that before I installed the sub and amp

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had my amp screwed into the top of the trunk out of the way but my bass keeps Unfastening my screws so I had to screw it to the top of he box

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had to put it on the side of the box I put it on the top at first and couldn't put box in the car that's way ,,, I'm going to cut the hole out much bigger today ,,,, once you opened it up how much of a difference was there could u truly tell

·
Registered
337 Posts
You can tell but it's not that much more. I definitely feel the bass deeper but it's nothing compared to the folding seats. I had a 15" Audiopipe before this sub and I blew it lol

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yea that sub is business. My sub is a competition sub so it pulls a ridiculous amount of power. I wish I could make a video so everyone on here can hear it but when I tried to do it the video had no bass at all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If u go to YouTube and type ,,,, Memphis mojo 15' 1 ohm that's the sub that's in my car now I had it in my ford excursion

1 - 20 of 25 Posts