BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My drivers side door was not shutting this afternoon and I was completely baffled. Tried gently slamming the door but no luck and then stopped to avoid any damage. After 15 minutes of driving around with my hand holding the door shut, I stopped to check again if all the hinges etc were ok. Finally, it shut and the problem was gone. The issue came back after an hour or so when I opened the door but then went away again and has since not returned.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Worth going to the service shop for? What and how expensive is the fix? Lastly, after reading other reviews on the forum, I think there was a recall on the 2006/2007 models for this issue so does anyonw know anything about this and how I can go about tackling this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good luck getting them to cover it. Mines does it every so often and dealership says no such thing. I'll have to pay whatever it is to replace it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly did they say? Was your model under recall as well? Can you give more details? Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
They told me that the recall for my car was no longer open and it should have been fixed. Mines is an 06 750li. They ran diagnostic and funny enough the same thing that was recalled was wrong. But they wouldn't stand behind it. Same with airbag sensor. Wouldn't fix it. Even though there was a recall for it. It pisses me off because I've paid over $6,000 this year for repairs out of pocket! Short of the story I won't buy another BMW. Atleast from the BMW of Tulsa.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Damn I know the passenger seat mat sensor recall in it should still be good and and roll away recall. If the door don't shut but it self it has soft close just get in the car and open the door handle twice from outside and that should make t close for now... I think on those would be your door actuator not sure but opening the door handle from outside should work for now while you fix it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts