BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having this issue and need help please when i drive cant go higher by than 60 hecause tye wants to shut down have white smote come out 8fnthe exhaust and the screen is showing me the following message's. DYNAMIC DRIVE INACTIVE. AND. VEHICLE DETECTS INCREASED BODY ROLL IN CURVES AVOID HIGH SPEEDS.... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT THIS CAN BE...

Thank you

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our 7 Series forum, you'll get more help in here. The exhaust white smoke sounds like a valve stem seal issues. Not sure about the dynamic drive issue, you should get the diagnostic codes read to see what the issues are.

Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mr.Tim dont really know how this works just trying to find some hel9 or a little push start the right way. Thanks again

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,165 Posts
Well the white smoke is most
likely your Valve Stem seals .
The cause for dynamic Drive
Could be your Battery if your lucky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi how would i know if its the battery? Ehat do i need to do? Please any help in this matter would be greatly apprecitaed...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I had the Dynamic Drive Inactive error right after i had all the dynamic drive hydraulic pipes replaced front to back after i had a corroded pipe in the rear.

All BMW did was put it on the computer and re-calibrate the dynamic drive system which cleared it. (possibly air in the system)

It can also be caused by low power steering fluid, battery going bad, defective dynamic drive valve, steering angle sensor, etc.

You can also test it yourself using the INPA (in INPA it's called ARS test) or using DIS software ...check this out : :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRAaZpqOlQk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I own a 750li that had the same issue. You need to diagnose if it is the pre charge pump failure or anything else with a quality scan tool> If it is a pre charge pump failure you have two options... Remove the ABS module at the forward part of the ABS block on the passenger side of the car. Can be problematic as the coolant tank resides in the same space. Just get it accesable. A few Torqx screws and your done. then you see the contacts for the pre charge pump. You can Ohm it out with a digital meter to see if you have continuity or apply (carefully) 12 votls to the contacts and hear and feel the pump running. If it does not meter out or the pump dose not run with 12 volts then get on Ebay and see if you can find the back half of the module. If the case is that the pump energizes or meters out correctly, then you need a new ABS module which can be expensive. I recommend BBA REMAN.com to do the job. Send it off tho them and within a week you will have a fully functioning ABS elec module with a life time warranty.
I have sent a number of DCMs, door modules over the many BMWs I have owned over the years and they ROCK! Never had an issue and it is always plug and go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I own a 750li that had the same issue. You need to diagnose if it is the pre charge pump failure or anything else with a quality scan tool> If it is a pre charge pump failure you have two options... Remove the ABS module at the forward part of the ABS block on the passenger side of the car. Can be problematic as the coolant tank resides in the same space. Just get it accesable. A few Torqx screws and your done. then you see the contacts for the pre charge pump. You can Ohm it out with a digital meter to see if you have continuity or apply (carefully) 12 votls to the contacts and hear and feel the pump running. If it does not meter out or the pump dose not run with 12 volts then get on Ebay and see if you can find the back half of the module. If the case is that the pump energizes or meters out correctly, then you need a new ABS module which can be expensive. I recommend BBA REMAN.com to do the job. Send it off tho them and within a week you will have a fully functioning ABS elec module with a life time warranty.
I have sent a number of DCMs, door modules over the many BMWs I have owned over the years and they ROCK! Never had an issue and it is always plug and go.
So the car wanting to shut off while running and doing what it is doing can be because of this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
No. The car shutting off is a totally different issue. Get that diagnosed first as the running of the engine has nothing to do with the ABS/DSC. The ABS/DSC powers up without the engine running. It is a seperate system

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my son started having the problem after replacing the coolant tank that cracked due to overheating but this all started with the car after he installed a system in it music so now I am trying to figure out what the issue is I'm going completely crazy but thanks for your information I'm welling to try anything

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You mentioned your son installed some type of music system? Are we to understand that he put some type of aftermarket amplifier in the car? That would be the first thing I would look at to see if it's installed correctly. These cars are extremely electrically complex. Anytime you mess with the electrical system you're just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I honestly want to say that is what messed the car up as soon as the system went in the car but I have to get to it to get hands on but I appreciate all the help all the help everyone has try giving me trust me I am willing to try it all. Thx again everyone...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did got a new one but I really want to say this has to do with the music system my son had installed but I have to be with the vehicle and be hand's on.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
When you installed the new battery, did someone register it to the car? Because when the batteries are not registered, they cause all kinds of problems, like throwing codes. Plus it will not maintain the charge properly. Did you install the correct AGM battery?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts