BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I ordered a 2007 BMW 328i from a dealership in New England, about 1.5 months ago.

They swore up and down I would HAVE THE CAR in 6-8 weeks.

1.5 Months later, they said they do not have my production number yet. And, said something about allocations and that they couldn't order it because everyone in the area gets the XI's because of the snow. Now, that is a bunch of BS to me. They didn't say a word of this to me before I put money down. And, my client advisor won't call me back (my messages were much nicer than this post.) And.. all the other dealers in the area claim not to have this problem right now. So, I'm deciding if it's to the point now where I forget about my deposit and order from another dealership that knows what they are doing.

Anyone ever hear of this? Does it ever take 1.5 months for a production number? Is that a legitimate excuse?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem in VA at Sterling BMW

I too ordered a 328i coupe from Sterling BMW in VA and was promised repeatedly that they had the allocation and could get the car for delivery in September. After numerous unanswered calls/emails over the last 3 weeks, I still have not heard from them regarding a production number and they have provided me with some bogus story about the allocation being pulled back. Besides the unimagineable headaches this has caused, it has truly soured me on purchasing a BWM. Instead, I'm going to ED this car and pick it up some time in November. Hope this car is worth all the aggravation!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM STERLING BMW. The worst customer service ever. They should be forbidden from selling these cars. I can understand if there really was a technical problem, but the failure to keep me properly informed is inexcusable. Rant over.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Raphaela.....If you want an honest, knowledgeable dealer in the South, you would do well to contact Adrian Avila, at BMW of South Atlanta, one of our sponsors. His e-mail address is: [email protected]
Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks!

Fredric. Thanks for the info. I actually was turned off by the local dealers in DC/VA/MD that I decided to go ED with Irv Robinson, which I should have just done in the first place. I actually talked to Adrian as well and he was great as well. Don't think I would have gone wrong with either guy. Now I just have to sit back and wait!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts