Car just hit 120,00 miles…
Current Problems with the car:
1. Car rev limits drops sporadically and gets jumpy.
2. Windshield Wipers do not work.
Replaced Relay, and wipers still do not work
Checked every fuse and every fuse is good. Went ahead and replaced any old looking ones.
3. Windows randomly will not want to roll up. Lately just having a problem with my rear driver window. The rest of them seem to work fine now.
4. Passenger heated seat not working. Also the light on the heated seat switch for the passenger seat does not come on at all. Driver side is fine. I replaced all fuses related to heated seats and replaced with a new center console switch for heated seats with the same problem continuing to happen.
5. Few days ago Check Engine Light came on and the car stalled while driving down the interstate. It now like to stall more often. Went by Advance Auto yesterday and got them to read the codes and they pulled up p0420 and p0430.
6. I just replaced the battery yesterday, still no changes, the one in the car previously was a lower cranking rating then what is recommended and also had low reading and still had lower reading after I left it on the charger. I thought maybe a weak battery might could have caused some of these things. But apparently I was completely wrong and now at least I have a nice new battery lol.
So after reading a bunch of forums, websites and repair manuals it is looking like it could be a variety of things. I’ve seen ideas such as follows…
1. Camshaft Position Sensor, description of this sounds like what is happening to my car with the rpm jumps and stalling. But why am I getting codes P0420 and P0430 now….
2. Now that I have those codes could it be 02 sensors(however would these cause the car to have rpm drops and car stall).
3. Catalytic convertor.. Since both 02 Codes popping up…
**** Side Note, This car pass emissions in Atlanta a month ago… ****
4. Crankshaft Position Sensor
5. Lamda Sensor
6. Vanos Solonoid Valve
**Current Display lights - Check Engine - Air bag - Seat Belt **
*** Current warnings - Left and Right Headlights, Rear Lights, Brakes, pretty much every light lol, but they all work fine. Have HID’s in front. ***
Planning to do:
Already plan on ordering Spark plugs and Coils to replace. Getting new Air and Cabin Filters(Burger Tuning), also plan on getting the JB4 tune if get things worked out with the car.
Will order whatever sensor might need.
Thinking of getting rid of cat with a pipe since don’t have emissions for another 2 years if cat is causing the problems.
Going to follow lines for electrical issues to make sure everything is getting power.
Lastly going to take the DME out and inspect it for any burns or inperfections.
I do have cable and downloading software to read/write codes, cable may come in mail late tonight or tomorrow. I realize getting codes checked at advance auto is not always the most reliable and only does so much…
So after all this, does anyone else have any other suggestion or similar problems that have had success fixing your car?
Honestly I haven’t had much time to look at the car and pull things out due to working a bunch lately and bunch of trips having to go on. Had Sons Birthday this past weekend, going back down for his party this weekend, then Disney World for Thanksgiving, so hoping can get a day or two and bunch of nights in to work on car lol. One can hope.
Lastly, to add to this short story, while I am examining these things and replacing anything do you guys have any other recommendation I should do? Thinking about looking into replacing hoses and rubber belts like suggested in inspection 2. Jus need to look all those parts up.