BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is philip. Just went from a 2012 mercedes to a 2007 bmw 750i.
I've had it for about a week now. And today I was driving and the car just julked and the a transmission fault came on and the Rpms started going up and down. The car was shaking. I was about 2 miles from my work so I continued driving at 20mph instead of the 40 mph speed limit. After I came to work I shut the car off. And when to check on it 40 minutes later and it was fine no shaking,no fault, the Rpms were fine. What could this be?????

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our 7 Series forum, you'll get more help in here. Is the transmission fault still on?

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Transmission fault

2007 bmw 750i

I've had it for about a week now. And today I was driving and the car just julked and the a transmission fault came on and the Rpms started going up and down. The car was shaking. I was about 2 miles from my work so I continued driving at 20mph instead of the 40 mph speed limit. After I came to work I shut the car off. And when to check on it 40 minutes later and it was fine no shaking,no fault, the Rpms were fine. What could this be?????
Is it safe to drive it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same Issue with My 2008 750 Li

Transmission Fault signal come up...the car has 84000 miles...is this something that can be fixed. I can drive the car but no acceleration or very slow acceleration. If it accelerates to fast the fault light comes on and I cant drive faster than 40 mile per hr. I've seen many post related to this problem. Is there a recall out there for BMW transmissions...if so I could not find one. What is the least expensive solution to this problem? Seems like a horrible issue for a very nice vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts