BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel like I have done everything to save my car 2007 BMW X3 3.0 SI and the more I fix the more it breaks ***x1f62d;***x1f62d; It all started when the reservoir housing started to leak!***x1f633; the oil got onto the serpentine belt the belt snapped knocked the seal from the pulley and as all BMW owners know the pieces of serpentine belt got into the engine ***x1f926;***x200d;***x2640;***xfe0f; long story short I have done many things to save the car and I'm in deep the following have been replaced
Valve cover
Valve cover gasket
New serpentine belt pulleys and tensioner
Vvt solenoids
Oil change
Spark plugs and coils
Starter
Fuel pump
New battery
Water pump thermostat and all new hoses
Camshaft position sensor
Oil leak from the oil housing has been fixed with new gaskets on both ends
Serpentine belt has been cleaned out of the engine and engine has been re timed
I am down to 1 code
P0341 general electrical failure circuit voltage out of range

At first the car would take long cranks I would give it gas the rpms would act erratically as if car was going to stall and it would settle and car would drive great I mean like nothing was wrong I turned the car off went to start it the next morning all I got was crank crank crank no start! I know it's not the fuel pump it was tested and so was the fuel pump relay.. what could be next?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
How old is your battery?

·
Anti-Hack
4,931 Posts
Could be a lot of things, but crank sensor or ECM come to mind. I’ll be honest I don’t know where the crank sensor’s reluctor wheel is, but if on the front of the engine, it could have been damaged when it ate the belt.

Or the old fan favorite of your ground straps being so shot that the ignition isn’t grounding (and also why you needed a new starter).

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
CPS on the N52 is in the side of the block, near the starter. Some say it can be accessed, blind, from underneath, but I haven't tired yet. Watch out for the live lead on the starter!

Ground straps replaced?
Tested for vacuum leaks?

·
Registered
391 Posts
We have a similar situation with our `09. Long paid for and still looks great.
We've decided it's less expensive to throw a grand or two at it every year then to go into debt with payments for a replacement. We'll keep it until it blows apart.:bigpimp:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the car back from the shop long story short the fuel pump job was not done right 1000 bucks later car is starting and running like a charm but I got 2 more codes ***x1f62d;***x1f62d;***x1f923; at least I know its just the MAF sensor now thanks guys for all the suggestions

1 - 13 of 13 Posts