BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sox Fan
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - bought a 2007 CPO 530xi a couple of weeks ago (30k miles, premium and cold weather). I did the "new member intro thing" here the next day. I really appreciate the great info here and I check the site everyday. This is my first BMW and first foreign car - here are a few initial impressions now that I have been able to drive the car for a bit.

-The car is just rock solid - fit and finish are spectacular. I don't think i have heard a single squeek or rattle. Feels like it was carved out of granite. Car also feels like it is perfectly sized and proportioned for a sport sedan. Solid but doesn't feel heavy. I felt cramped test driving a 3 series, but this car fits just right.

-Acceleration is good enough but not great. Really would have prefered a 535 or 550 but that wasn't in the budget. Still, more than enough for regular driving. Car handles great - looking forward to snow to see how well the x-drive works.

-Car looks better and better to me everyday - elegant and muscular at the same time. Something about the whole BMW thing.

-IDrive - no idea what all the fuss is about. Makes perfect sense to me - i like the one knob and not a zillion buttons. But, I am the type who actaullay reads directions.

Overall, the car just seems to do everything well. Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks exactly like the car I returned a few weeks ago, space gray '07 530xi, with exactly the same mileage You are spot on with all your assessments. It performs great in snow, the fuel mileage is great and solid as a rock. No troubles except a noisy sunroof. One great long distance car. I easily averaged 27mpg at high speed, keep at about 75 (tough to do) and you'll get to 29.

The car is somewhat low key, but classy. I used to leave it for days on end at the NY area airports, drove it to manhattan (mostly garaged) and never had a problem. Those late night drives home from the airports were no doubt the best part of the day.

I've not yet decided to leave the new '09 535i sport at the airports...I'd steal that car just for seats, let alone the wheels. Good luck with your car, it should give you many years of great service.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you help with a price range to pay for a CPO car like that?

·
Registered
658 Posts
THe '07 530xi I leased had Nav,Prem, Sat radio and Cold Weather. MSRP was just under 57k. Residual was $35.1K, best the dealer would do was 35k, with CPO. That would be for a car with 36k miles. I used BMW of Tenafly, I thought they were a great dealer. I did not wind up buying the car though. I found a leftover '09 elsewhere. Hope that helps with a reference point.

·
Glory Glory!!
184 Posts
congrats Sox Fan! I know exactly how you are feeling! I just got my first bimmer 3 months ago and she's almost exactly like yours.

It really is amazing how rock solid the bimmer feels from any other 4 door sedan (excluding audi IMO).

how fast have you gotten her yet??

·
Sox Fan
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
congrats Sox Fan! I know exactly how you are feeling! I just got my first bimmer 3 months ago and she's almost exactly like yours.

It really is amazing how rock solid the bimmer feels from any other 4 door sedan (excluding audi IMO).

how fast have you gotten her yet??[/QUOTE]

About a week ago I decided to have some fun - had to drive across town at about 8pm on a weekend night. So, I was shifting manually and really pushing it. I am having a blast, thinking "wow - the car actually is a bit faster than i thought", etc. Hit about 115mph, slowed down a bit, came over a hill and - yep - he had me dead to rights - 90mph in a 70mph zone. Nice officer, though, cited me for 5 mph over and no points.

Haven't had a ticket in about five years and i get one about two weeks after getting this car. Ugh.

·
Sox Fan
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure - they were asking 36k, i got them down to about 33,500 and then they had the "two months free" thing so that knocked another 1200 off so I paid about 32,300.

There are better deals out there but the dealer is very close to where I live, the car is exactly what I wanted and they were good to deal with. 0.9% financing helped too. Sold my old car on Craigslist for a lot more than they would have paid for it. Not a great deal but I thought it was fair.

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
Looks exactly like the car I returned a few weeks ago, space gray '07 530xi, with exactly the same mileage You are spot on with all your assessments. It performs great in snow, the fuel mileage is great and solid as a rock. No troubles except a noisy sunroof. One great long distance car. I easily averaged 27mpg at high speed, keep at about 75 (tough to do) and you'll get to 29.
Yeah, they do great on mpg. I went on a 2200 mile trip and averaged 28 mpg. Hit just over 30 mpg after 1 gas stop. This was at 80+ mph. Very impressed!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yeah, they do great on mpg. I went on a 2200 mile trip and averaged 28 mpg. Hit just over 30 mpg after 1 gas stop. This was at 80+ mph. Very impressed!
And you were probably stuffed to the gills with luggage and passengers. Not to mention, the 5 is a big car. Gotta love that.

·
Glory Glory!!
184 Posts

how fast have you gotten her yet??[/QUOTE]

About a week ago I decided to have some fun - had to drive across town at about 8pm on a weekend night. So, I was shifting manually and really pushing it. I am having a blast, thinking "wow - the car actually is a bit faster than i thought", etc. Hit about 115mph, slowed down a bit, came over a hill and - yep - he had me dead to rights - 90mph in a 70mph zone. Nice officer, though, cited me for 5 mph over and no points.

Haven't had a ticket in about five years and i get one about two weeks after getting this car. Ugh.
Man your officer must have been Santa Claus if he was that nice! I've gotten stopped for going 15 over before (in my 4runner) and the cop seemed like he was about to lose his lid! Thats also why I decide to leave me high speeding on the 2 lane rural highways of West Texas.

West Texas....the only place where you can look further and see less.

·
Sox Fan
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man your officer must have been Santa Claus if he was that nice! I've gotten stopped for going 15 over before (in my 4runner) and the cop seemed like he was about to lose his lid! Thats also why I decide to leave me high speeding on the 2 lane rural highways of West Texas.

West Texas....the only place where you can look further and see less.
Yeah, this guy was great - he asked me how fast i was going and I said "about 90" and he said "yep - you were going 90". Asked me what i thought the speed limit was and i said "55?" - he said "nope, it's 70". Then when he gave me the ticket he reminded me that I was doing 90 in what i thought was a 55 and how bad that could have been for me to be going 35 over, etc. (I think i was doing about 115 in a 55 a few minutes before this - yikes!)

I was super polite and pulled over as soon as i saw his lights go on so he didn't have to chase me down. I was afraid i would get the "yuppie prick in a BMW" treatment. Considering myself very lucky. Paid the ticket on-line today - never so happy to throw away $115.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts