BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I read in these forums the more I find that I do not know.

I have a early request in for a 325xit sportswagon for delivery in Dec (ED). I now see that the choices will probably change/expand to a 328xit and 328i RWD.

So here are my questions:

1. Is this right - same engine but de-tuned less so small increase in HP and Torque?
2. I read lots posts where people are excited about the RWD option. Why is that? Doesn't the xit function in RWD unless demand kicks in for awd drive?

·
Registered
339 Posts
bobkeenan said:
Doesn't the xit function in RWD unless demand kicks in for awd drive?
The sales guy had told me the same thing with the e90 xDrive, but after doing some reading, it is not so.
The xDrive at e90 at normal operation has a power distribution of 40% to front and %60 to rear axle. If slippage is detected electronically, then the power distribution is adjusted real time. So it is a 60% RWD oriented machine.

xDrive version is heavier, and may have some extra power transmission loss occuring at the xDrive train, so the numbers of 0-60 reflect that. I bought 325xi because here in New England it snows a lot. On dry road, usually there is not much advantage of xDrive, only you can accelerate while exiting corners better than a 2WD, which is fun :). But as already mentioned, you don't get the sports suspension with xDrive.

If you don't get much snow, xDrive may not be a good choice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
bobkeenan said:
The more I read in these forums the more I find that I do not know.

I have a early request in for a 325xit sportswagon for delivery in Dec (ED). I now see that the choices will probably change/expand to a 328xit and 328i RWD.

So here are my questions:

1. Is this right - same engine but de-tuned less so small increase in HP and Torque?
2. I read lots posts where people are excited about the RWD option. Why is that? Doesn't the xit function in RWD unless demand kicks in for awd drive?
I would get RWD in California. RWD is overall better handling and in the original spirit of BMW designers. Add a proper sport package and bigger wheels on performance tires and you've got a fantastic yet practical car.

Why would you default to AWD? If that's what you're looking for go with the Audi A4.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Has it been confirmed that in 2007 there will only be the 328xiT or is there a chance for a 335xiT?

I'm only interested in AWD wagon but would be hard pressed to pass on the 335 if it were available.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
356 Posts
BMW has no plans of bringing over a 335xiT. Just a 328iT and 328xiT.

uwhusky said:
Has it been confirmed that in 2007 there will only be the 328xiT or is there a chance for a 335xiT?

I'm only interested in AWD wagon but would be hard pressed to pass on the 335 if it were available.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts