Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
After I cleared the codes up and stated the car and drive it for a minute same idea coming up
And the car doesn***8217;t want to boost at all
I think my turbos are bad as well as I see a bit oil coming out in the back sometimes
What you think maybe bad turbos and bad vanos?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That***8217;s the latest codes and car doesn***8217;t boost at all zero power
From the research I did or vanos need clean up or boost solenoid

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,877 Posts
... I cleared the codes up and stated the car and drive it for a minute same idea coming up
As I stated earlier, "History" Memory, or "OLD" codes still saved in History Memory, even though "Fault Memory" has been cleared, is NOT showing you current or "Active" codes, but a "Historical Record" of Fault Memory which you say you cleared. If you had "Freeze Frame Data" or Fault Details for each code that indicated clearly whether that code was "Currently Present" or the mileage/km at which the fault code was saved in Module Memory, you could understand which codes are "Active"/Currently Present, and which ones are "History".

I do NOT know anything about YOUR Scan Tool, so can ONLY describe how INPA works, which I did in an earlier post. In INPA, Fault Memory of Fehlerspeicher can be cleared, and "History Memory" remains, unless you specifically clear THAT as well (separate step), and for the most part there is NO Reason to clear History Memory. You should save that for Historical purposes. When YOUR Scan Tool says "History" under all of the Engine Fault Codes other than Radiator Blind (which is "Active"), I can't think of any way those codes are "Active" or Currently Present. In short, I have NO idea from the information you have provided WHY you have NO BOOST, if the 3100 code is ONLY History.

As an example, in my 2007 328xi N52KP DME (MSV80) "History Memory" or "HistorySpeicher" I have a "Too Lean" mixture code 29E0 that occurred TWICE at the Factory (km = 0). YOUR MSD80 DME has the same capability to retain History Memory, even after Fault Memory is CLEARED. If Fault Memory is cleared, any SES or other warning light should be extinguished, and normal operation should return UNLESS the fault is still present, or an intermittent fault RECURS, at which point the NEW mileage/ km is saved as Freeze Frame Data or Fault Details.

Bottom Line is that YOU have to understand HOW YOUR Scan Tool actually works, and WHAT the labels (like "Pending", "Active", and "History") actually mean. Unfortunately, these days SALES people don't know the product they are selling and don't correctly explain terms. They try to "WOW" you with "pseudo-tech" jargon, and give you some BS response if you actually ask what the BS means.

If you can figure out HOW to use Freeze Frame Data or Fault Details on your Scan Tool, you can SEE at what mileage/km each Fault Code was saved, AND how many times (with mileage for each) the code was saved. Otherwise, see if your Scan Tool has any documentation that discusses "History" and HOW to clear a "History Code". If you have a manual in pdf format, but don't understand something, you can always attach the pdf to a post here and someone can help.

George

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Once more thanks a lot George you***8217;ve been so helpful all the time
Can***8217;t figure it out yet what wrong and I don***8217;t have power
Bought the car with a caT free exhaust upgrade intercooler and double intake filters but was the jb4 missing
Came to this point now
So I ordered a jb4 coming Tmr
Cause they said if you have a straight exhaust pretty much you need the jb4 to run it otherwise the factory ecu it***8217;s self reads codes. And I think makes sense....
Not the codes I***8217;m getting again a amd again even if I clear them out is 2A99 2A98 And 3100. Maybe vanos
Car starts up good warm or cold
When I drive it has no power less than a 325 would
And when gets warm throttle has a delay
If you have any suggestions please let me know many thanks
Dimitris

·
Registered
6 Posts
😎
Hello,
(I apologize in advace for reviving an old thread, Mods please let me know if I should start a new thread)
I registered only to report that the 2006 models have this problem.

I upgraded my MSD80 with a MSD81, and since installing. There is no fuel pump priming when opening the car.
Car cranks but it will not start.

I found in a Russian and a Malaysian forum following information:

(from google translate): use Chinese to English :--> BMW原廠技術通報/ 將DME MSD80改裝為MSD81:無法啟動發動機 - BMWCCT台灣車主聯誼會
(from google translate): use Russian to English :--> BMW DME, MSD81 - 2BA2 после замены , Terminal 15 activation - Программирование BMW

BMW Original Technical Bulletin / Modification of DME MSD80 to MSD81: Unable to start engine

Symptom:
After replacing the DME control unit MSD80 with the DME control unit MSD81 , the engine can no longer be started (starting the motor to rotate).

Engine N43 : The fault " 2ACA- bus terminal KL.15-3, CAS wire: electric wire" is stored in the DME fault code memory .

Engine N53.N54: There is no fault record in DME fault code memory.

Vehicles involved: E81.E82.E87.E88.E90.E91.E92.E93/N43.N53.N54/ right-seat driving type.

Production period: 2006 Nian 5 Yue Zhi 2007 Nian 8 months.

Reason: The wire from the DME control unit plug to the CAS control unit is missing in the wiring harness.

Note: Since the DME control unit MSD80 has an internal bridge, the missing link is not noticed.

R&D This internal link is no longer integrated in the DME control unit MSD81, because with the mass adoption of DME MSD81 , the link is already included in the wiring harness.

Measures: Install a wire connection from the CAS control unit (pin 7 ) to the DME control unit plug (gray plug, pin 22 ).

Does anybody have the technical bullletin number?

And since newtis has been closed, could somebody please re-upload the wiring diagrams for the 2006 BMW E90 N54 engine?

Thanks a lot in advance! 😎

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,877 Posts
... I upgraded my MSD80 with a MSD81, and since installing. There is no fuel pump priming when opening the car. Car cranks but it will not start...
wire" is stored in the DME fault code memory .
Reason: The wire from the DME control unit plug to the CAS control unit is missing in the wiring harness.
Note: Since the DME control unit MSD80 has an internal bridge, the missing link is not noticed. [WHICH pins are bridged?]
R&D This internal link is no longer integrated in the DME control unit MSD81, because with the mass adoption of DME MSD81 , the link is already included in the wiring harness. [WHICH wires are "linked"?]
Measures:
Install a wire connection from the CAS control unit (pin 7 ) to the DME control unit plug (gray plug, pin 22 ). [Are you SURE you have those pins correct? WHAT is your VIN? Do you have the Connector Numbers (e.g. X13376 for CAS & X6000? for DME)??]
Does anybody have the technical bullletin number? [ANYONE???]

And since newtis has been closed, could somebody please re-upload the wiring diagrams for the 2006 BMW E90 N54 engine?
If you will post the Last-7 Characters of your VIN, I'll be happy to post ScreenPrints from ISTA+, or if you already have ISTA installed on computer, HOW to find the necessary wiring diagrams yourself. Since BMW has NOT sold the N54 Engine with MSD80 DME in the US for 10+ years, if they have an issue with THAT, please REPLY to this thread.

Based upon a quick look at CAS & DME Schematics for MSD80 N54, there MAY be some errors or lacking information on the "Wake-up signal, Terminal 15" which I presume is what you believe to be lacking after MSD81 install? Perhaps with the correct VIN, we can resolve this.

BTW, you might post to E90Post forum for E90, and/or check their archives. I recall seeing threads related to MSD81 install, but didn't pay attention as I have N52.

NOT to be a wise-guy, but since you're in Germany (per flag) why not call BMW & ask WHY they "DEMANDED" that newtis.info CLOSE? In a "Pandemic" yet??? Since virtually ALL of what was on "newtis" is in ISTA, and ISTA is widely available on the WEB, if you're going to keep you 14-year-old 335i that BMW appears to NOT want you to be able to get the documents to yourself, I would suggest downloading & installing ISTA to any Windows Computer. You don't have to be connected to your vehicle to view all the "Documents", whether wiring diagrams (SSP), Repair Procedures (REP), Functional Descriptions (FUB), Pinouts (PIB), etc.

The INPA/ISTA "horse" has been out of the BMW "Barn" for 3+ years, and freely available on a number of Web sites. Since $2,500 per year for an individual owner wanting to maintain his own vehicle is NOT reasonable (cf. Microsoft Office Cloud @ $100/year), BMW should consider if it REALLY wants to penalize those who NEVER buy new cars, will NEVER take their used BMW to a Dealer for anything but recall performance, but WILL buy parts to maintain their older BMW's and maintain RESALE prices of "Out-of-Warranty" BMW's. Perhaps the "Bean-counters" should recognize that there ARE different "Market-groups" that make up the BMW vehicle "Life-cycle" and NOT ONLY be fixated on extracting maximum revenues from original purchasers.

George

·
Registered
6 Posts
👍 thanks a lot!

Trust me bmw here sucks. They couldn't even program a key to my car.

Charged over €200, their answer:
"no. We can't Programm the key" nothing else.

The only competent people are the parts dept, very nice and just polite people. Even gave me a discount when they noticed the fucking technical inspection asked to replace ridiculous parts.(=not necessary)
I didn't receive a rental from them for the two days "they tried to program the key".

The customer service is the worst, they act like if they are doing me a favour by taking my money.

When they did the battery cable recall, they gave me back my car without screws in the internal panels below the glove box. Everything was loose (the black plastic panels inside the car)

I went back and talked to the service manager and he sent the technician to fix it.
The technician's excuse: "I saw you didn't have a radio and thought you needed the panels loose"

I told him:
"No, please fix it back to the same status as I brought the car in."
Also, didn't receive a rental car from them for the day I was without my car for the recall. I received a taxi coupon for 10€ one way.😒 I had to pay the remaining 10€ to get to my office that day.

Pure fucking lazyness.

Why they closed the tis page?
I guess the want to extract money from the few loyal customers there are left.

At some point I was thinking bringing in the car to them, buy the new parts with them and ask them to install new cas, new dme and two keys. Price are stupid, but anyways, I am not really sure they can.

Cas=€409
Dme=€1800
Keys=2x€350
Programming one key=€200
I was really thinking on doing that, I just need my car for fucking transportation, but I don't know if they are capable.

Cas programming = not sure they can
New DME programming = not sure they can

I wrote them today asking for more info regarding that strange technical bulletin, and the veracity of the DME-CAS connection for the early 2006 models.

Let's see if I get some real information and honest help or just some "sorry, we don't have any info".

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,877 Posts
If you will post the Last-7 Characters of your VIN, I'll be happy to post ScreenPrints from ISTA+, or if you already have ISTA installed on computer, HOW to find the necessary wiring diagrams yourself...
👍 thanks a lot! Trust me bmw here sucks. They couldn't even program a key to my car... [etc., etc., etc. :sleep:😈:eek::poop:]... Let's see if I get some real information and honest help or just some "sorry, we don't have any info".
I understand you're upset, BUTTT, if you send me the Last-7 Characters of VIN, I'll post jpg's of ISTA SSP's (wiring diagrams). Also, let me know if you have ISTA installed, or want to know where to get a download or how to install. It has as much or more info than newtis.info.
George

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,877 Posts
... I upgraded my MSD80 with a MSD81, and since installing. There is no fuel pump priming when opening the car. Car cranks but it will not start...
Measures: Install a wire connection from the CAS control unit (pin 7 ) to the DME control unit plug (gray plug, pin 22 ).
If I understand your situation correctly, you have a September 2006 build date E90 with N54 & MT, ECE & RL? You installed an MSD81 DME in place of its original MSD80 DME. Since that MSD81 installation, your Starter Cranks the engine, but the engine will NOT fire, and you don't hear fuel pump "prime" when door is opened (Wakeup).

Electronic Immobiliser/ EWS:
You do NOT indicate what symptoms or issues caused you to replace the MSD80 DME, or if anyone has made any attempt to "Synchronize" your Key, CAS & DME as apparently required. Since this "feature" is an integral part of the BMW "Anti-theft System", BMW is NOT inclined to offer too much information about the system, even to the Dealer Techs in the ISTA System, much less the general public. Likewise I am NOT inclined to post a copy of the FUB in ISTA that deals with description of the system, other than to quote (Last Reply Section Below) several germaine paragraphs which appear to be general knowledge/ Web Legend on the Forums. The FUB suggests a "Rolling Code" is used between the DME & CAS with change of code on each Startup, similar to a "Rolling Code" used in most Garage Door Opener electronic PCB's in the last 20+ years.

Although I hope to NEVER have to replace my CAS or DME, and have NO personal knowledge of any facts related to such a replacement, there have been numerous posts on this Forum and E90Post Forum which suggest that un-named "Persons" somewhere in the world offer a service of "synchronizing" Key, CAS & DME if you send them your existing units. It is my understanding the cost of such service is commonly < $500. What software or equipment may be required to "perform" that service, either by "BMW" or any "Person" is unknown to me, but obviously there are many legal issues associated with soliciting, performing, or advising on the issue, so you are on your own there as far as I am concerned, other than the suggestion to "Search the Forums" and decide for yourself.

CAS & MSD80 Original Wiring; ISTA Screen Prints Attached to NEXT Post:
As to things other than the "EWS" which could cause "Crank, No Fire" issues, I don't have any knowledge of the things your initial post suggested could be different between wiring harness in your MSD80 vehicle and a later vehicle wired for the MSD81 DME. I don't know of any way which I can obtain an MSD81 Connector Pinout or wiring diagram. I have NO idea what you are referring to as "Pin 22 of the Gray Connector". The MSD80 DME has SEVEN (7) different connectors. I have NO idea what color each is, or what connector of the MSD81 DME is Gray. What I DO KNOW about the original MSD80 DME from the wiring diagrams:

CAS Connections to DME, MSD80, Factory Wiring Diagram:
ScreenPrint of CAS wiring diagram is attached to next post. Your first post suggests that Pin #7 of X13376 is somehow relevant, but as I read the diagram, that is a "Dead-end" at X6011/6 which is connected to NOTHING. ISTA "Overview/Lines" describes Line "15_ZRS" as Supply Terminal 15, load shedding relay, ignition coil. What that means, I have NO IDEA. Bi-Stable Relay Power supply (IF Present)? What I would trace is the X13376/19 Wakeup Signal to the DME as described below.

"Terminal 15 Wakeup" at Pin#1 of DME Connector X60002 (X60002/1):
CAS Module, Pin #19 of Connector X13376, sends a Terminal 15 Wakeup signal to DME X60002/1 via X6011/4 and X60551/7. BOTH Connectors X6011 & X60551 are located in the E-box per the "Installation Location" (EBO) attached to next post. On the schematics attached to next post, those wire colors are Green/Red to X6011/4, and Yellow/Green from X6011 to X60551/7, and from X60551 to DME X60002/1. My SWAG would be that signal is required for the EKP to "Prime", as the DME controls the EKPS Module. So the MSD80 Module 2, Connector X6011, & Connector X60551 diagrams are attached to next post, so you can test for that.

DME Main Relay (K6300) Activation:
The DME essentially "Turns itself ON" by applying a ground to the DME Main Relay Electromagnet, with the Relay (K6300) THEN supplying power to the DME and engine systems such as Fuel Injectors, Coils and Sensors. Without activation of that DME Relay, the engine CANNOT fire. The Schematic, "Supply, DME Control Unit" is attached to next post. Test for operation of the Relay (located in the E-box) and power at each of the fuses supplied by that relay. You can apply a ground jumper if the Ground signal to the Relay via the White/Gray wire is suspect.

EWS FUB Description of Electronic Immobiliser Function, Excerpts:
"The electronic immobiliser (EWS) is both an anti-theft system and start enable device.
The 4th generation EWS is an enhancement of the EWS used to date. This enhancement uses a new and modern encryption method. Each vehicle is assigned a 128-bit secret code. This secret code is stored in a BMW database. This means that the secret code is only known to BMW.
The secret code is programmed and locked in the following control units:

-CAS control unit (not E83)The EWS is integrated into the CAS control unit.
-DME/DDE control unit

When the secret code is locked in the control units, it can no longer be deleted or changed. This means that each control unit is assigned to a certain vehicle. The control units mutually identify themselves with the secret code and the same algorithm.
In the 4th generation EWS, there is no direct line (immobiliser data line) between the DME/DDE and CAS (not E83). The CAN data line (PT‐CAN and K‐CAN) and the K bus (also known as the CAS bus) are used to transmit the EWS signal. The K bus is used whenever the EWS signal cannot be transmitted on the CAN data line.> E83: Data transfer between the EWS control unit and the DME/DDE via an immobiliser data line as previously."

"Start enable
If the identification data is correct, the CAS control unit activates the starter motor via a relay in the control unit. At the same time, the CAS control unit the CAS control unit sends the DME control unit an encoded enable signal for the engine start. The DME control unit only enables the engine start if a correct enable signal is received from the CAS control unit.
The following test module is performed after insertion of the ignition key in the ignition lock or the remote key in the insertion slot:
-The transponder in the ignition key or in the remote key is supplied with power via the ring aerial and transmits the key data to the electronic immobiliser or CAS control unit.
-The EWS or CAS control unit checks the correctness of the key data and only then enables activation of the starter by the DME/DDE.
-The DME/DDE uses a random number and the secret key to calculate a request. The DME/DDE transmits this request via the CAN data line (PT-CAN and K-CAN) and the body bus (also called CAS bus) to the CAS control unit.
-The CAS control unit uses the request and the secret key to calculate the response. The response is transmitted by the CAS via the CAN data line(PT-CAN and K-CAN) and the body bus (also called CAS bus) to the DME/DDE.
-The DME/DDE itself also calculates the response that the CAS control unit expects. The DME/DDE then checks that the response it receives from the CAS control unit matches the response it has calculated itself.If the responses match, the engine start is enabled.
Identical rolling codes are stored in the control units whose value changes after each starting operation. The rolling code is generated from a random number and the secret key."

Piece of Cake -- Good LUCK! ;)
George

21 - 34 of 34 Posts