Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
After I cleared the codes up and stated the car and drive it for a minute same idea coming up
And the car doesn***8217;t want to boost at all
I think my turbos are bad as well as I see a bit oil coming out in the back sometimes
What you think maybe bad turbos and bad vanos?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That***8217;s the latest codes and car doesn***8217;t boost at all zero power
From the research I did or vanos need clean up or boost solenoid

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,812 Posts
... I cleared the codes up and stated the car and drive it for a minute same idea coming up
As I stated earlier, "History" Memory, or "OLD" codes still saved in History Memory, even though "Fault Memory" has been cleared, is NOT showing you current or "Active" codes, but a "Historical Record" of Fault Memory which you say you cleared. If you had "Freeze Frame Data" or Fault Details for each code that indicated clearly whether that code was "Currently Present" or the mileage/km at which the fault code was saved in Module Memory, you could understand which codes are "Active"/Currently Present, and which ones are "History".

I do NOT know anything about YOUR Scan Tool, so can ONLY describe how INPA works, which I did in an earlier post. In INPA, Fault Memory of Fehlerspeicher can be cleared, and "History Memory" remains, unless you specifically clear THAT as well (separate step), and for the most part there is NO Reason to clear History Memory. You should save that for Historical purposes. When YOUR Scan Tool says "History" under all of the Engine Fault Codes other than Radiator Blind (which is "Active"), I can't think of any way those codes are "Active" or Currently Present. In short, I have NO idea from the information you have provided WHY you have NO BOOST, if the 3100 code is ONLY History.

As an example, in my 2007 328xi N52KP DME (MSV80) "History Memory" or "HistorySpeicher" I have a "Too Lean" mixture code 29E0 that occurred TWICE at the Factory (km = 0). YOUR MSD80 DME has the same capability to retain History Memory, even after Fault Memory is CLEARED. If Fault Memory is cleared, any SES or other warning light should be extinguished, and normal operation should return UNLESS the fault is still present, or an intermittent fault RECURS, at which point the NEW mileage/ km is saved as Freeze Frame Data or Fault Details.

Bottom Line is that YOU have to understand HOW YOUR Scan Tool actually works, and WHAT the labels (like "Pending", "Active", and "History") actually mean. Unfortunately, these days SALES people don't know the product they are selling and don't correctly explain terms. They try to "WOW" you with "pseudo-tech" jargon, and give you some BS response if you actually ask what the BS means.

If you can figure out HOW to use Freeze Frame Data or Fault Details on your Scan Tool, you can SEE at what mileage/km each Fault Code was saved, AND how many times (with mileage for each) the code was saved. Otherwise, see if your Scan Tool has any documentation that discusses "History" and HOW to clear a "History Code". If you have a manual in pdf format, but don't understand something, you can always attach the pdf to a post here and someone can help.

George

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Once more thanks a lot George you***8217;ve been so helpful all the time
Can***8217;t figure it out yet what wrong and I don***8217;t have power
Bought the car with a caT free exhaust upgrade intercooler and double intake filters but was the jb4 missing
Came to this point now
So I ordered a jb4 coming Tmr
Cause they said if you have a straight exhaust pretty much you need the jb4 to run it otherwise the factory ecu it***8217;s self reads codes. And I think makes sense....
Not the codes I***8217;m getting again a amd again even if I clear them out is 2A99 2A98 And 3100. Maybe vanos
Car starts up good warm or cold
When I drive it has no power less than a 325 would
And when gets warm throttle has a delay
If you have any suggestions please let me know many thanks
Dimitris

21 - 27 of 27 Posts