Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum but can't find much matching my symptoms:
Dash lights
- Battery light sudden flash (Red) for approx 1-2 secs in conjunction with single vehicle jolt, now
- 4x4 illuminated (Yellow)
- Brake light illuminated (Yellow)
- loss of thrust/power

I don't seem to have the triad issues, does anyone have an idea of where to start? :dunno:

Thanks!

·
Banned
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,509 Posts
I've searched the forum but can't find much matching my symptoms:
Dash lights
- Battery light sudden flash (Red) for approx 1-2 secs in conjunction with single vehicle jolt, now
- 4x4 illuminated (Yellow)
- Brake light illuminated (Yellow)
- loss of thrust/power

I don't seem to have the triad issues, does anyone have an idea of where to start? :dunno:

Thanks!
How old is your battery?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will test all once the rain subsides. Why would battery starter or alternator cause a 4x4 light and brake (yellow) dash light? Additionally, I pulled the following codes today:
P1727 Manufacturer control
P0742 Torque converter clutch circuit stuck on
P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit

·
Anti-Hack
4,906 Posts
Will test all once the rain subsides. Why would battery starter or alternator cause a 4x4 light and brake (yellow) dash light? Additionally, I pulled the following codes today:
P1727 Manufacturer control
P0742 Torque converter clutch circuit stuck on
P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit
These things can do crazy things when battery voltage gets toward 12v. During winter, when my commute used to be only 12 minutes, with heater, seat heater, and sirius radio going, the draw outpaced recharge and by the time I would get to work, the blinker wouldn't shut off regardless of stalk position unless I shut off the car and restarted. Don't just get a voltage reading of the battery, but also load test the battery.

Not saying the battery is the cause of your issue, but is the easiest and cheapest to start with. To have such an unrelated mess of varied codes all at once points to voltage issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts