Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My alarm keeps going of for no reason when armed and while driving I dont believe there is a hood switch on it the battery is new tried to lock with remote pushed the lock button twice to bypas motion and tilt sensors Ive also been told there is a battery in the Siron that gos bad any help would be great thanks

·
Need it? Got it!
7 Posts
If the vehicle has Option 302 / DWA Alarm then it will have a hood contact switch. Watch the CID screen when the alarm is sounding while driving. Check the vehicle status in the CID and check control messages to see if it shows you an open hood warning. Was this a problem before you changed the Battery????:dunno:

If no CCM for open hood, then disconnect the siren (not while driving...lol) , if it continues to sound, then the internal battery "should" still be good.

If the YAW(tilt) sensor was causing the problem I would suspect DSC/Steering lights to be on in the Instrument Cluster or other erratic function issues.

Do this test..Lock the vehicle so that it arms the alarm..make sure all doors, hatches, and hood are completely 100% closed.

Pay close attention to the light on the mirror...if it is blinking somewhat fast right after you lock the doors using the remote, that is ok. If it never stops blinking fast then it indicates a problem in Alarm system. Once the system is armed, the light on the mirror should blink once every couple of seconds.

When the siren sounds, watch the light on the mirror also. It should start blinking faster.

Do the flashers/exterior lights also flash when the siren is sounding? ( if the option is available on your vehicle.) That is important also.

What else,,,,,,,OH! If there is a real problem with the overall alarm system, there should be some failure codes in the FZD. The failure code could give you a clue to an internal problem to the siren.

If there are no problems in any of the above and the problem was not there until after you changed the battery, probably just needs to have some error memories cleared and a self-test performed on the DWA system. Good luck! :beerchug:

E-Sys version 3.30, schaltplans, pinning-info, tool-set, available....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts