BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody confirm that the driver's seat in the 2008 335i convertible does not recline all the way? I feel like mine is stopping too early but was told by my dealership that it was going back as far as possible. Thanks.

·
Envelope pusher
68 Posts
Mine seems to go back pretty far (I'm 6'3"), but I've not tried to lay it down all the way. How far back are you trying to get it to go?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Can anybody confirm that the driver's seat in the 2008 335i convertible does not recline all the way? I feel like mine is stopping too early but was told by my dealership that it was going back as far as possible. Thanks.
No it does not. I had an e90 before and it reclined pretty much all the way. My friend noticed it immediately.

I think there was another post about this before. I think it's for safety reasons.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
No it does not. I had an e90 before and it reclined pretty much all the way. My friend noticed it immediately.

I think there was another post about this before. I think it's for safety reasons.
"Submarining" is the term used when a seat back fails to hold in an accident and the occupant can then slip under the seat belt. Usually a problem for smaller drivers. If in fact a safety feature one would expect the non fully reclining seat feature to be across the line and may have been implemented as of some date.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
"Submarining" is the term used when a seat back fails to hold in an accident and the occupant can then slip under the seat belt. Usually a problem for smaller drivers. If in fact a safety feature one would expect the non fully reclining seat feature to be across the line and may have been implemented as of some date.
Thanks for the clarification.

I wonder if any 08 or 09 e90 owners can chime in on this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts