BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Audi-Bimmer Fan
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed my order last week for a 2008 September build 335i coupe. Space Gray / Saddle Brown / Gray Poplar. Now the wait for a late October / early November delivery begins.

Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Navi, Park Distance, Step with paddle shifters, Comfort Access, PDC.

A pic of the interior combo I selected. Everything is the same except that it will be an automatic with paddle shifters.

Had a hard time deciding whether or not to go for the 19" 230's, but decided to stick with the 18" because I didn't want to further compromise the ride with lower profile tires.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Me too. It's always a long wait.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
Placed my order last week for a 2008 September build 335i coupe. Space Gray / Saddle Brown / Gray Poplar. Now the wait for a late October / early November delivery begins.

Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Navi, Park Distance, Step with paddle shifters, Comfort Access, PDC.

A pic of the interior combo I selected. Everything is the same except that it will be an automatic with paddle shifters.

Had a hard time deciding whether or not to go for the 19" 230's, but decided to stick with the 18" because I didn't want to further compromise the ride with lower profile tires.
I think that was a good choice. I have an E93 with sport suspention in New York City. I find it a very unpleasant car to drive because of the hard ride. I don't enjoy driving it (in the city) because it is so stressful looking out for pot holes and getting bounced around. Once I am out of the city it is a different story. If the roads in ST are anything like the roads in NYC I would recommend against the 19s.

Once I get the car out of the city it is a different story.

I am getting rid of the run flats and installing Koni FSD shocks,

By the way I really like theat interior color combo.

My e93 is space gray with black leather and dark walnut.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am seeing quite a few who have chosen the Saddle/Gray Poplar combination. May I ask what is the thinking behind that color combo? I am working up toward placing my order, so I am curious what others are thinking. The Gray seems like an odd choice since the seats are a brownish/terra color and the other surfaces are black, to then pop in the multi-colored Gray Poplar. Why not the Dark Walnut so it ties in the black dash and brownish seats?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me Three

You have almost the same set of options I've got on order... Congrats! I've got the iPod adapter and different colors, but that's about it!;)

·
Audi-Bimmer Fan
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am seeing quite a few who have chosen the Saddle/Gray Poplar combination. May I ask what is the thinking behind that color combo? I am working up toward placing my order, so I am curious what others are thinking. The Gray seems like an odd choice since the seats are a brownish/terra color and the other surfaces are black, to then pop in the multi-colored Gray Poplar. Why not the Dark Walnut so it ties in the black dash and brownish seats?
I chose Saddle Brown because I wanted the two-tone effect. Only coral red and saddle offers the color on the leather surfaces while leaving everything else in black. Red is not my personality and is a color you have to really like to commit yourself to it. IMO, having a two-tone makes the interior and the car look twice as expensive. Why, because it adds detail and contrast that would otherwise be hidden with a single tone (the texture of the leather on the door panels and remember that there is a red ambient glow at night that looks simply stunning against the brown leather).

Since I already have contrast between the browns and blacks, I didn't want to make the space too busy so I chose the dark gray poplar for the trim. It introduces a different texture to the mix but in a subtle way. In addition the dark trim really brings out the little chrome accents on the knobs and switches, making it more luxurious and elegant. German interior design is a work of art and I wanted to make sure that I chose a color combo that highlight the details.

Just because Saddle is a shade of brown, doesn't necessarily mean that you need to pair it with a similar shade. Grays and Browns are complementary colors in interior design and having recently bought a house and spent months furniture shopping, I have picked up all these little tidbits on style. Just look at the picture, it looks very expensive yet warm and inviting. Stepping into an all beige or black interior just doesn't stimulate my senses enough. I'm a man and I need visual stimulation to brighten up my day. This color combo gives me goose bumps every time I see it.

At the end of the day, everything I say is subjective. Whatever you chose, as long as you are happy with it, should be your own decision. The coupe is the hot girl you marry, now dress her up the way you want to see her every day. I personally like brunettes and the one simple rule is that her hair should never blend with the seats. :angel:

·
Audi-Bimmer Fan
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have almost the same set of options I've got on order... Congrats! I've got the iPod adapter and different colors, but that's about it!;)
I forgot to list HD radio and iPod adapter... who doesn't own an iPod. The only thing I avoided that I would never see the need are active steering and cruise control. I use cruise control maybe once or twice a year, even on long trips.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Love the color scheme...same as I ordered on my vert. Nice to see someone else with such good taste.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hate waiting. I have waited a year to order, and now that the order is in, the wait is even worse.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also am waiting for end of oct delivery for 2008 e93 blk sapphire , blk dakota,burl wood,
been waiting since aprl 7th,,,wait has been tough

·
Registered
123 Posts
interior looks great. I didn't like either the saddle brown or the gray poplar individually but it looks great together.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I got Space Gray + Saddle interior. I am very happy.

Space Gray can be sometimes underwhelming but still very nice. The Saddle interior however is the best interior combo I have ever seen. I chose it without ever seeing it in person, and all I can say is I am extremely happy with it. Very sharp! Coral feels a terd too strong, and IMO saddle is perfect.:p

·
Registered
236 Posts
i think im the only one that doesnt like Saddle interior, it reminds me of a farm and a plain color=S however the space gray is amazingggg, sporty yet elegant =)...

im also waiting for my car, its been sooooooo long ordered it in may, the dealership said it will be another 23 days and counting.. but its worth the wait :) beautiful car congratz

·
Registered
95 Posts
Love your interior!

Saddle Brown + Gray Poplar = :thumbup:

That is the exact combination I selected for my 2008 E93, although I went with Alpine White exterior (Space Gray is awesome, but I have had way too many Gray/Silver cars the last few years).

This will be a STUNNING car! Congrats!

-Dave

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I also did Saddle Brown + Gray Poplar, the reason I chose the Gray wood as the other colors of wood that are available seemed to clash with the color of brown in the seats, so I opted to avoid another brown tone in the interior and do the Gray Poplar, although I would do it with a black interior also.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ordered my Monaco Blue 335i Coupe last Friday

I ordered mine with the gray leather and gray poplar interior.
My production number is supposed to be for a September slot, but how can I tell for sure?
The car already shows in the Owner's circle, but there's no production date yet (status is on order).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Saddle with Aluminum Trim?

I have this combo on order (with Alpine White exterior). Anyone seen this before? I'm not a fan of the woods on a "sports car" and plus I figured the aluminum would match the trim on the sport steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts