BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2008 5-Series come with Aux out port similar to the one for the non-6FL E90? If yes, where is it located?

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes it does on the 2008 550i... standard equip according to the BMW web site. Stream corrected me, it's in the center arm rest console to the rear.

later,

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
No on my 2008 535ix.
I had a '08 535i loaner last month and it had it. It didn't have the iPod/USB adapter option. Do you have the iPod/USB adapter option? Could be when you have that option (which includes an aux in), they don't include the other one.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The output is at the FRONT of the inside of the armrest. Not at the rear. It is at the rear of the e90. I have the ipod adapter, but the car come standard with AUX.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
OK--first, it's an aux input, so you will not be getting any output from it. ;)

Second, it is located on the rear side (not inside) of the center arm rest console, between the 2 power outlets, just below the rear seat vents. It's standard equipment. You can also get the iPod/USB adapter option (which includes a USB & aux in connector) which is located on the front inside wall of the center arm rest console (where the ventilation outlet is located in cars without the iPod/USB adapter).

·
Registered
246 Posts
OK--first, it's an aux input, so you will not be getting any output from it. ;)

Second, it is located on the rear side (not inside) of the center arm rest console, between the 2 power outlets, just below the rear seat vents. It's standard equipment. You can also get the iPod/USB adapter option (which includes a USB & aux in connector) which is located on the front inside wall of the center arm rest console (where the ventilation outlet is located in cars without the iPod/USB adapter).
I do not have the "standard equipment" aux input you describe on my 2008 535xi - only the aux/USB input on the inside of the center console. My car has the iPod option.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I do not have the "standard equipment" aux input you describe on my 2008 535xi - only the aux/USB input on the inside of the center console. My car has the iPod option.
That is what Stream is trying to explain. No iPod option = you get the Aux Input in the back of the center console. If you do have the iPod option, BMW puts the Aux Input inside the center console along with the USB port. The iPod cable uses both the Aux Input and USB port to connect the iPod for controlling thought the iDrive.

This is for the LCI '08's only. '07's only have the Aux Input in the back of the center console as I recall...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
How do i use the aux and usb on my 2008 bmw 535 xi
For a while I just plugged my iPod into the USB port; system saw the playlists with no issues. After a while I wanted my iPod for another system so I copied it's contents to a USB thumb drive and plugged it in and it works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts