BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2008 528i, water damage, recovery, no crank

886 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wcr3d 
#1 ·
Bought an 08 528i, loved it for 3 weeks. Then we had a downpour and while I was driving Uber in an unfamiliar neighborhood, I glanced at the nav, and made a left turn into standing water. It was night, I was near the bottom of a hill, I didn’t think it was more than an inch or two but it was deceiving. I ended up having it towed home when the water receded. I let it dry out, I disconnected the battery and air intake box, and started to self diagnose based on this forum.
I’ve come to a point where I need help from y’all. I’m getting all of my dash lights on, plus Ac, radio, keyless, etc. However my car won’t start. It makes a loud CLICK when I push start, then the lights die. Also I can only do this with a jump from another vehicle. I think I may be in a spot where I have a chance at recovering my BMW with a new starter, dme, battery, or it may be something else. The pics and videos are the night it happened and 2 days ago when I had dash lights and the click.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.