Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, recently purchased a 2008 535i, fan of the n54. Own a 07 335i coupe for many years so quite familiar. Both are tuned w my own mhd tune. Will post a pic soon.

I notice previous owner has installed a non agm 720cca aftermkt battery on the 5. Car starts slow esp. when cold. More than likely may not be registered either. If anyone can be kind enough to post the oem battery spec? For some reason realoem doesnt seem to have the correct spec? My finding so far is 850cca 90ah agm battery.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,461 Posts
Why do you believe that RealOEM is not correct?

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e60-535i-lim/search?q=Agm

do you have an Intelligent Battery Sensor - IBS? If so, then an AGM battery is appropriate. Determine the physical size of the battery well and buy the highest capacity battery that will fit in the hole with the terminals properly arranged and the vent tube. Only AH capacity and the physical size is essential. ALL of the other specifications are obsolescent and apply to conditions that your BMW should never see (and it it does then you***8217;ve bigger problems than battery).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you believe that RealOEM is not correct?

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e60-535i-lim/search?q=Agm

do you have an Intelligent Battery Sensor - IBS? If so, then an AGM battery is appropriate. Determine the physical size of the battery well and buy the highest capacity battery that will fit in the hole with the terminals properly arranged and the vent tube. Only AH capacity and the physical size is essential. ALL of the other specifications are obsolescent and apply to conditions that your BMW should never see (and it it does then you've bigger problems than battery).
Realoem is suggesting

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...535i&mg=61&sg=30&diagId=61_1742&q=61217586962

I called the dealer, says its a 850cca. Im not sure. I think i have an IBS on the 5.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Should be a wet-cell in '08. I have an XI and required a 110ah (H9)...an H8 is the next size down at 95Ah. Either would work, but due to extra weight of the H9, the H8 is typically what people drop in.

Walmart has the enermaxx H8 wet-cell for $119

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be a wet-cell in '08. I have an XI and required a 110ah (H9)...an H8 is the next size down at 95Ah. Either would work, but due to extra weight of the H9, the H8 is typically what people drop in.

Walmart has the enermaxx H8 wet-cell for $119
Thanks, is yours my 2008? Most times i find AH rating missing on the non agm batteries. Let me chk that walmart battery.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the wagon...probably why mine came with an H9. I put in a H8. both are a very large battery. You wont find a wet-cell H9 anymore...IIRC Wal-Mart has the only wet-cell H8.

So it's really your only choice if you want to get away without recoding it.

If you have MHD you can register it that way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got napa 7549, 900cca, 100amphr. Manuf is deka. Non agm battery regd using Mhd.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's pretty close to the H9 Ah. Deka is a good brand too...what did you end up paying for that if you don't mind me asking?
Actually i was trying to match 90ah, this was the closest w/o going under. Yes deka is a good brand and so is exide. Its about $130 w rebate. The other option is the exide extreme available at home depot for $119! It is also 900cca w 107ah.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is my old and new batteries back when I had my e60 (2006 530xi)
thanks! that seems consistent with my original post but adding to the confusion. Realoem does not show that battery for your year and model. Now I don't know if my car came w AGM or not....anyone?

Are you sure that was the original battery in your car? Strangely my 2007 335i came originally came with a non agm 720cca, 90ah battery.

·
Under the lift arms
12,939 Posts
If you take the battery number.. and cross reference it.. youll see that they all came with agm battery....

e60 was AGM batery ..

To to interstate, go to exide . com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you take the battery number.. and cross reference it.. youll see that they all came with agm battery....

e60 was AGM batery ..

I dont know how you get the agm info from the part number. Pls show.
@pshovest above reports non agm for the '10 535i

·
Registered
814 Posts

e60 was AGM batery ..

I beg to differ. As an original owner, I can confirm the factory fitted battery was a FLA 110 Ah, in my case. I changed out to a 95 Ah AGM, when the factory battery died in 2009. I am now on my second AGM battery.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts