BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased my 2008 535i with the sports package option in late December 2007. I previously owned a 2005 525i with active steering and I thoroughly enjoyed the superior steering and handling. A few weeks after I purchased my 535i I noticed that the steering wheel was slightly off center, a few degrees to the right. I didn't think much of it at the time. However, I notice it all the time now and it's driving me crazy. When I try to center the wheel while driving, the car veers toward the left. Also, there is way too much play in the steering wheel, it should be much tighter. When I take my hands off the wheel, the car will often veer to the right. My 535 does not have active steering and at first I thought I was just going to have to get used to the play in the steering wheel. However, for a car that cost me almost $60K, I believe the steering should be much tighter and the handling should be superior. Could this be an alignment problem that originated at the factory? I am an extremely careful driver and I have hit no potholes that could have caused this problem. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced the same type of problem and advise me how I can get this corrected. The car has 6200 miles on it now and I'm afraid my dealer will not correct this without charge if it's an alignment problem

1 - 1 of 1 Posts