Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone has found any brighter bulbs for low beam headlight I was trying to put leds but the bulb is a ds1 and there is no way to upgrade my fog lights are brighter than my headlights has anyone found or know any way around to upgrade? Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Your xenon should be brighter. How long ago since the bulb was replaced? Xenons can loose 50% of light output before dying. If there is any color tone to them other than white then they should be replaced.
When getting new bulbs then first look around as there are many different bulbs with different light output and white balance. Right now the best ones are either Osram or Philips but the look are very different between them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to be honest since I bought it 3 years ago maybe that***8217;s why they are so deem will replace soon thank for the advice

·
Registered
432 Posts
3 years is rather short for a quality Xenon bulb, but if you purchased a generic cheap model then I am not surprised about it being done by now.
When replacing bulb/s then you could also at the same time get better bulbs for your fog lights (H4) and if you have H7 for long light then those as well.
Replacing with the better versions from either Philips or Osram on all places will get you increased light output.
While being super busy then maybe also get a polish kit for your headlights. That will also increase your light output dramatically.
All in all you should be very pleased when done..

·
Registered
432 Posts
They ***8220;blue***8221; or colder versions may not be road legal everywhere. At least they are not in the EU. Still lots of people use them.

·
Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
888 Posts
Thanks mate I place the order for low beams 8000k and led yellow fog lights
8000K low beams? you will get terrible night vision. Optimal illumination for HIDs is between 4300-5000K anything outside that range your loosing light output, not to mention 8000K is purple and will look terrible(at least in my opinion).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looked blue for some reason I should of gotten 6000k is white I think 10000k is purple I haven***8217;t installed them yet I***8217;ll post a pic I got me some nice bring yellow fogs

·
2008 535xi wagon
2,946 Posts
I didn't know your 5 series was a honda.

6000k is the most blue i would go. 5500k is the sweet spot for colour but 4500-5000k puts out more light.

8000k is maybe okay for the angel eyes but still far too colourful for a main light.

10,000k is borderline ultra violet. Give you a nice tan.

Yellow fogs... To each his own I guess...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I just put in new "stock" bulbs. 4300k IIRC. they don't feel any brighter but boy can I see better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts