BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow BMWers....

I recently purchase a 2008 750i BMW and now experiencing the Vanos (or rattling) noise. Anyone living in South Carolina that have experience this issue and repaired your vehicle? If so, let's talk? Where did you purchase the repair kit from and how long did it take from start to finish?

Any and all help truly appreciated.

v/r

Jim

·
Family Fleet Maintenance
272 Posts
Ok same 4.8i that I have in my 09 X5. If it's just the solinoids they are pretty easy to get at on the front of the block. I'm gettiing ready to do the O-rings on them and the vacume pump as I have a slight oil leak. I think I've seen a good DIY on how to get at them and do the work. I'f I can find it I'll post a link for you. By the Way I'm in Columbia SC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great

Brother,

We are physically 1.5hrs away from each other. I would love to meet with you so that you can hear the sound that I'm speaking of. I'm retired military and I'm usually off on the weekends. Did you fix your bmw yourself? BTW, my name is Jimmy. Let me know what you think.

v/r

Jim

·
Family Fleet Maintenance
272 Posts
Hey Jimmy, I'm noise free at the moment, I'm getting ready to be doing these things as preventative as I'm getting close to 100k and want to make sure it keeps running great. Yeah meeting up would be cool, maybe somewere in the middle. grab a cup of coffee and check out your car.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our 7 Series forum, you'll get more help in here.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts