Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a 2008 750Li about a month ago and all has been fine up until now. Yesterday I went to leave my office and my car wouldn't start. I press the start/stop button and nothing happened at all. I also got a transmission failure signal flashing on the screen.

I waited a few minutes and tried 4, or 5 more times and it finally started. I read some previous posts on here and found similar issues however most were very old. Wanted to see if anyone had any updated information or ideas as this is alarming me since I've only owned the car for a month...
--------
A second problem just started.... As I turned the corner to my home my car started making a very high pitched screeching/humming noise... I put the car in park and the issue persisted. Not sure what's going on here.... PLEASE HELP!!
-----

Thanks ahead of time for any help you all may have!

-Adam

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Since you have only had the car for a month, I would check the battery voltage not running, after sitting for a while. A low or bad battery will drive these cars crazy. The battery should stay above 12 volts. This could be the 1st of many problems, but check the battery 1st.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts