BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone
I'm new to BMW and was wondering if anybody has some advice for me. I want to upgrade the audio system in my 2008 BMW 328xi. I want a new deck and subwoofers. Does anybody have any recommendations or suggestions for me?. Are there certain decks out there that are compatiable for BMW only? And that will work with my car?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I had a pair of 10" JL Audio W6v2's subs and they were real clean. They werent that muddy overpowering bass that you see with other brands. They were paired with a 500/1 JL Audio Mono Class D amp. The 500/1 is underpowered for the subs but the 1000/1 wasn't in the budget at the time.

If I were to ever buy a system again for a car it would surely be all JL Audio. Everything about the system was clean and clear, never muddy or out of tune. Double bass in songs were very pronounced and tight.

JL Audio stuff is built real well too as my Velcro would often undo itself around turns and my box would go flying in my trunk and my system still worked perfectly fine. :thumbup:

·
resident dj
201 Posts
As far as I understand you have 2 choices. Either replace the factory stereo with any single din aftermarket stereo available (you will probably have to use an AWFUL looking installation kit) or
get one of those factory system enhancers. Check crutchfield.com they have both.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey Everyone
I'm new to BMW and was wondering if anybody has some advice for me. I want to upgrade the audio system in my 2008 BMW 328xi. I want a new deck and subwoofers. Does anybody have any recommendations or suggestions for me?. Are there certain decks out there that are compatiable for BMW only? And that will work with my car?
Thanks
as your in the Boston area I have some JL Audio equipment from my Jeep SRT-8 I am looking to get rid of. Everything was bought new by me professionally installed and de-installed. Everything is in it's original JL Audio box's with manuals as new.

I have 3 JL Audio 10w6v2's in a custom made box (these are the only things not in original JL box's).
One JL Audio 1000/1 sub amp
One JL Audio 450/4 amp
One set of JL audio ZR650csi component speakers
One set of JL audio XR650csi component speakers
Pioneer Premier DEH-P880 cd player with matching cd-changer.

PM me I will give you a killer deal on what ever you want you don't need to buy everything pricing will be wicked cheap as I want to get rid of this stuff. Good stuff CHEAP!!!

Or any one else local to the Boston area. Not looking to ship. Would take $1800 for everything or deals can be made if you want to break stuff up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts