BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the 2008 side mirrors power fold when you turn off the car? I can't figure it out from the premium package information which says, "Exterior power-folding side-view mirrors automatically dim when reflecting bright lights, helping to eliminate glare when driving at night."

This could mean they are power mirrors to adjust them and they fold if you want to and they automatically dim, or it could mean they are power folding like on other cars

Also, is the ambient lighting a light that stays on in the footwell at night? And a small led on the interior door handle that lights it up? Because my X3 has footwell lights, but not the kind that stay on the whole ride

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,692 Posts
there is a button you push to make them tilt inward to the body of the car.

not sure about the entirety of ambient lighting, but the lights in the door handles outside the car light up so you can see "water or puddles or mud" around the door before you step in or out.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's nice to hear about the folding mirrors, it wasn't a deal breaker though..I've actually never even really looked at or driven a 2008.

I was driving a MB the other day and at night the interior door handles were illuminated by a tiny LED inside them, and the floor was very dimly lit up as well..is this the case with "ambient lighting"?

The exterior puddle lamps, are they built into the mirror or door handle?

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's nice to hear about the folding mirrors, it wasn't a deal breaker though..I've actually never even really looked at or driven a 2008.

I was driving a MB the other day and at night the interior door handles were illuminated by a tiny LED inside them, and the floor was very dimly lit up as well..is this the case with "ambient lighting"?

The exterior puddle lamps, are they built into the mirror or door handle?
I answered in your other post too.
the puddle lamps seem to be on the underside of the door itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts