Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there Bimmer guru's. I have only had my dream vehicle for 2 months. It has done 110000km and is a 3.0SD. I have a DPF fault come up every day. It has not gone into limp mode but was wondering what options there are. I have so far replaced the thermostat to bring it up to correct operating temp, chemical flush...fail,. It won't do a burn under computer plug in conditions. any thoughts...thanks in advance

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,477 Posts
What is the DTC error code?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,802 Posts
where are you located?

Do you have the BMW software to access codes, modules, etc??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
morning. I live in Australia. It comes up with Particulate filter error. We can clear the codes through the plug in computer. However it comes back. I have been told if I replace the filter which is $$$$$$ about 3-4k over here that the problem may reoccur.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,802 Posts
Gday.

There is a code that basically says "times up" on the DPF. A 'courtesy' warning before the dealer reaches deep up your...well... lets just say its a warning. There are other codes that tell you if the DPF is actually bad.

You can get it cleaned. NOT at a bmw dealer. Call around to shops that do diesels and trucks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi TeamDale84, I don't come on this forum very much so I just saw your post. I have a 2011 E70 3.5D that I bought new in the states and had to replace my DPF just after my warranty period. I have a long bumper to bumper commute every day which is not good for the DPF. You need to occasionally drive the car on the highway which heats the DPF and burns off the soot. So if you every wind up getting a new one, be sure to take it on the highway for about 20-30 minutes once or twice per month. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know?

So I have found a business whom said they can remove the DPF code.the EGR code and retune the ECU to suit. He said it will improve economy and increase torque.
Question .....does anyone know if I can leave the old filter in there? Are they saying that what they are doing bypasses the need for the filter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts