BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side window got possessed...I went to roll it down and it rolled half way down came up a little and then back down again. The window is stuck and won't raise up. Anyone experience this before? Any suggestions and approx cost appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same problem 2012 128i convert. Rolls up half way, then goes down again. I asked the dealer to fix it when it was under warranty, but they did nothing. Sometimes i just help it a bit by pulling it up when it stops.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered the part on Ebay, and fixed it myself. There was one bolt/gear (like a bolt welded to, or even better like a bolt that has a big gear under the head) that was difficult to get out.
This video should help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X9Wfzob84o

Also, when bolting the window in the clamp/regulator, I kind of lift it up slowly, and looked at the mirror's upper rubber to try to clamp it high enough. Seems like if you will clamp the window at the further down it can goes, it will have wind noise when you are driving. Be careful not to clamp it way to high either.

Than, you will have to teach your window motor the limit position of the window (that was really not good/clear in my shop manual). Here's how to proceed:
- Push key in
- Lower window fully down and hold button 5 sec (hold it all the way up to the 2nd notch)
- Raise window fully up and hold button 5 sec (hold it all the way up to the 2nd notch)

You are done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts