1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CAGG
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing one of these cars below and wanted to if anyone sees any red flags on either of these vehicles. The dealers have Car Fax attached to each vehicle on the information links below (spec & photos are also attached). Thanks in advance for any input!

2011 BMW 335i
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=415448410&id=73885958

2009 BMW 335i
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=416153948&id=72352484
What kind of red flags were you thinking of?

·
CAGG
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of red flags were you thinking of?
Mainly if you see anything on the Car Faxes that I should be concerned about or anything else that might I might need to investigate out side of havving them checked out by a mechanic.

I did notice the 2009 was originally a commercial purchase,...should that be a concern when it comes to how hard the car might have been driven versus one owner, non-commercial usage?

Aso, the 2011 seems to be priced really well considering the options it has in compariosn to most other similar cars I am seeing online.

Thanks agian,
-CAGG

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not sure what to make of that 2009 color- its cool, but not sure- I love that rear spoiler also- why is the 2011 so cheap? Maybe something on the carfax? thats a good price.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,903 Posts
Just some quick thoughts. I love Blue Water. I'm hesitant on Oyster and it getting dingy. I've seen it happen. Personally, I like the N55 engine just a little better than the N54. I think the response is better.

If money is not a big issue for you between the two, have them CPO the 2011 (they may say they can't because of its age, but that's a lie) and get that one. BMW makes little improvements every year that they don't tell everyone about. The 2011 will have some improvements over the 2009.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Remember that a Carfax report isn't the end all. It won't list anything that was not "reported"; however, if the car is a CPO there shouldn't be any issues, especially since you have both the original car warranty as well as extended CPO warranty. you can always ask the dealer to give you CPO warranty for the 2011. i think the 2011 is probably the better deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts