Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: Starter went out on car. I replaced that, no problem. Two weeks later, I received a battery discharge on the dash. Didn't get a chance to program battery. Wife took the car to the dog park, decided it was nice out and went to put the top down on the way home. Top stopped mid cycle. Wife drove it home with top stuck mid cycle. Between the bitter cold, rain, etc., I have not had much time to look at it. i-Drive is saying top is not locked into place. I have no movement at all to the top. Windows are non-responsive. Here is what is currently happening:
1. Red light on switch blinks constant.
2. Greased all hinge points on the top.
3. Purchased Schwaben programmer, scanned system and the cannot read the control module for the convertible top. Screen says that the module is unknown.
Thinking it might be the convertible top module that is not responsive. If I get a used module, do I need to have it programmed? What inexpensive programming software is out there that can program a used module? Or, is the module just a plug and play? Any other ideas? My wife would like to start driving her car again (down 2 months). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Google salmon relays. One or both are probably bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I installed a new (used) convertible top module. I was able to read the codes, finally. Here is the list:
A689 - Hall Sensor, Roof Package erected
A68C - Hall sensor, roof shell 2, packed
A68D - Microswitch, roof shell 2 closed, right
A690 - Microswitch, rear-end module closed, left
A693 - Microswitch, roof pack stowed
A68E - Microswitch, cowl panel locked
A68F - Microswitch, cowl panel unlocked
A694 - Microswitch, 'cowl panel reached'
Seems like a lot of sensors to go out all of a sudden. I did look at the passenger side cowl switch and noticed the switch tab is missing, so I definitely need to replace that switch. Any ideas on the other codes I have going on? Any help would be appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I installed a new (used) convertible top module. I was able to read the codes, finally. Here is the list:
A689 - Hall Sensor, Roof Package erected
A68C - Hall sensor, roof shell 2, packed
A68D - Microswitch, roof shell 2 closed, right
A690 - Microswitch, rear-end module closed, left
A693 - Microswitch, roof pack stowed
A68E - Microswitch, cowl panel locked
A68F - Microswitch, cowl panel unlocked
A694 - Microswitch, 'cowl panel reached'
Seems like a lot of sensors to go out all of a sudden. I did look at the passenger side cowl switch and noticed the switch tab is missing, so I definitely need to replace that switch. Any ideas on the other codes I have going on? Any help would be appreciated!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts