BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am a new member from Clovis, California (Fresno). I pick up my “new to me” E93, 2009 335i Convertible, Monaco Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown, tomorrow morning. Have to say I’m super excited and stressed at the same time. It’s really clean but has 100,700 miles and my 07 328i I previously had cost me a lot of money in problems at 100k. I’ve also read all the issues the N54 has but I really wanted the car and it’s all I could afford. Can anyone make me feel better about the purchase or am I screwed? Can’t wait to do mods but want to be cautious not to make it look like a japanese import car. And I mean no offense if that’s your style. Just not what I’m going for. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,883 Posts
Hi and welcome to Bimmerfest :wave:.

I know what you mean about mods, some cars look like the owner has stuck a load of magnets to their car then ram raided the local Halfords (Home Depot I guess would be the US equivalent) sticking everything the store has onto their car :D.
Thing is there's a whole host of things that can be done and still keep the OEM look such as a change of interior panels (I'm currently in the middle of water transferring mine), an iDrive upgrade, change of lights to bring them up to the brightness of the new cars etc etc and with an E93 the world really is your oyster as there's loads of items available for them.

Here's a link for the E93 forum, hope you enjoy your new ride :thumbup:.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you HSURF. I did exactly like you said. Just ordered a bunch of LED***8217;s, quality ones (LUX, HPB) to bring the car to 2019 standards and an IND engine start button in polar blue. I***8217;m driving the car home to Cali from Texas now and love it (fingers crossed nothing breaks)!

·
Super Moderator
1,883 Posts
Hope you've got that top down :D, I'm sure it will be fine, enjoy mate :thumbup:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts