BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can "overwrite" the existing presets by assigning them to something else.

If you want to store a new phone number in place of an old one, simply make the phone the active screen on the I-drive. Make a selection from your list of contacts so that their info is highlighted. Press and HOLD the preset key you want the phone number assigned to until the tab on the I-drive shows the new info. The old info is overwritten.

You can also overwrite the phone numbers with radio station presets. Make your radio the active screen on the I-drive. Tune to the Am, FM or XM station you want to save so that it is highlighted. Press and HOLD the preset key you want the station assigned to until the tab shows the new info.

You can even use preset buttons for navigation destinations. First create a destination and save it. When the destination is highlighted, press and HOLD the preset key you want it saved to.

You can mix presets with either phone contacts, a mix of radio stations from any mode or navigation destinations.

When you want to use a preset, you can lightly touch/hover over a button and all your stored presets will be displayed on the bottom of the I-drive in tabs. Press the desired preset button firmly to make a selection. This also works as a shortcut key. For example, if you select a navigation preset, the I-drive will change to the navigation screen automatically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts