BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am brand spanking new to the fam, but my car isn't. I just bought it 3 weeks ago and having issues with the engine malfunction, reduced power warning. I bought the 2009 535i to get into the fam after leaving the Nissan Maxima fam for years. it was faithful to me. very few problems. I came to the BMW fam because I drive fully standard and the new Maximas do not have that option anymore. this new car has been in the shop every week since I bought it, but thank God its under warranty. they are fixing the brake warning. Now with this engine malfunction: reduced power warning on, the SA said it was the turbo chargers and they cost about $6500. Did I do I good thing here? will I continue to have problems with the 2009?!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone! I am brand spanking new to the fam, but my car isn't. I just bought it 3 weeks ago and having issues with the engine malfunction, reduced power warning. I bought the 2009 535i to get into the fam after leaving the Nissan Maxima fam for years. it was faithful to me. very few problems. I came to the BMW fam because I drive fully standard and the new Maximas do not have that option anymore. this new car has been in the shop every week since I bought it, but thank God its under warranty. they are fixing the brake warning. Now with this engine malfunction: reduced power warning on, the SA said it was the turbo chargers and they cost about $6500. Did I do I good thing here? will I continue to have problems with the 2009?!
I had the same issue with my 08 535i i brought it to bmw dealer i was advise that the repair procedure was to repair the turbos boosters as set forth in a BMW TSB 768.00 problem solved.:rofl:

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our E60 5 Series forum, you'll get more feedback in here.

Tim

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,383 Posts
It will never be as trouble free as your Maxima. I had a 1989 Maxima with 5 speed manual - loved the car and it was pretty reliable. Not as trouble free as a Toyota, but pretty good. Went from the Maxima to my 2006 530xi with 6 speed manual. Gave the Maxima to my nephew. Served him well until he totaled it one night.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Get a code reader and get the codes without codes its anybodys guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts