BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2009 750 LI for sale with 30K miles for 29K...seems like a too good of a deal right? I checked the car fax and the only things I saw was the following:

At 5K miles

Drive belts replaced
Power steering pump replaced

At 20K miles
rake fluid flushed/changed
Cabin air filter replaced
Oil and filter changed
Front wiper blades/refills replaced
Fuel pressure checked
Power steering hose(s)/line(s) replaced
Recommended maintenance performed
Fuel injection system checked

At 24K
Power steering hose(s)/line(s) replaced
Front brake rotor(s) replaced
Front brakes serviced
Rear brakes serviced/adjusted
Recommended maintenance performed

From what I can tell it was used as a service vehicle for a BMW dealer in FL.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, any advice for an aftermarket warranty?

Thanks,
Sam:thumbup:

· whughes
2,065 Posts
a 750 as a service vehicle? I doubt that. the service items seem very strange, something is off - - if something is too good to be true, it usually is

· Registered
282 Posts
... 5k for belts and pump?...lol that's less than an oil change...and yet two items...either way cheap price....I would 100% get it inspected from a mechanic before buying...

· BMW rocks!
795 Posts
I paid double that for my 09' 7 back in April this year, with 29K miles on it. For 29K, is more like a price for 07 750. You might really look into the title ( salvage/rebuit, lemon ) etc..

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I ran the Car Fax and there is no salvage or flooded title. It's clean.

The car is for sale by a company that owns a BMW dealership, so I'm wondering why they wouldn't just make it a CPO car?

My concern is that this car may be a lemon and I don't really want to get into something like that.

· Gib mir Feurschutz!
1,184 Posts
Yea go spend the 1-200 bucks and have a mechanic spend a solid hour or two and look it over, small price to pay. Someone is loosing money on that if it isn't a lemon/salvage/flood and dealers don't make money on losses :p

· Registered
54 Posts
After owning a car dealership for 3 years (I sold my dealership and now only maintain a license to buy my own cars) I can personally tell you the deal would either have to be a scam, fraud, or a wrecked vehicle. 09 Lemon cars aren't even selling for that low. I wouldn't just ask a mechanic, I'd ask the person selling it to "paint check" the vehicle and video them doing it. Additionally, if you can post the VIN I can tell you if it was sold at auction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.