BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
when i did mine i just went for drive instead of just idle car. i got the 2015.2 forgot from who but works great. really helped with all the new streets in las vegas. i go there a lot. try to visit daughter and grandson as often as i can.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I too am a recent BMW convert. Bought a 2009 750LI with about everything except night vision. I have had it about three weeks and it is a huge improvement over my Acura TL. Shawn Sheridan also pointed me in the right direction for the Nav update. It was fairly easy and if you follow the instructions it goes pretty smooth. I had no issues and it took about 45 minutes. It sure beats paying $250-$300 at the dealership. I can't really tell a difference in the graphics or anything but I guess it is worth it having updated streets, etc....

·
Registered
1 Posts
i believe i pm'ed you all. enjoy
Hi Coco135, I own a 2009 750Li and looking for latest navigation map update. I had updated my navigation map update back in 2016 but i had t get my car's internal computer was re=imaged so lost whatever map update i had installed. Please let me know how can i get the navigation map update .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Coco135, I own a 2009 750Li and looking for latest navigation map update. I had updated my navigation map update back in 2016 but i had t get my car's internal computer was re=imaged so lost whatever map update i had installed. Please let me know how can i get the navigation map update .
Unfortunately, I think it is quite possible that you would have to install a new computer to your 750Li to make this happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello just wanted to share my experience with updating the Map from 2009 to 2013...

I own a 2009 750i (build is 6/2009)

After long search i found 'shawnsheridan' here on the forum he provided me with much useful information, followed his directions and referral for getting the 'Activation code' which would cost at least $250 at the dealer for ONLY $50, downloaded the usb 2013 north america map
now... i know the general rule is that only cars that were built after 9/2009 can do that it still worked for me on the very first try.
It took about 45 min for the update to complete (the car was running and everything audio, phone etc.. still worked beside the navigation)
Then i had a much needed fresh 2013 map since the 2009 had many mistakes with streets and freeway exits

Many thanks to shawnsheridan who took the time to explain and provide Excellent direction.

Here is how i did it:
if the build date of the your car is before 09/2009, you likely can not update via the Glovebox USB port. but, you can try if you want, mine is 6/2009 and it did work.
Do all the process, there is no risk that i am aware of by trying. To the best of MY knowledge, if the car is not compatible, the update will not be accepted. only if you get to the stage where the car asks for the activation code then buy it!

1) Open in WinRAR or other unarchiver
2) Extract large .img File (Size is just over 30g)
3) Open .img file with 7-Zip or 'mount' the img file if you are using mac
4) Extract the 1 file and 1 folder to the root of your 32GB(min) Fat32 Formatted USB flash Drive.
5) Install through the Glovebox USB Port, wait till it loads (about 1-2 minutes), click update and wait again till it asks for the code.
6) Enter the code you got from THE GUY
7) Eat a sandwich, Drink coffee or something like that....And come back after 45 minutes

You can do all of the above at your own responsibility! if something goes wrong go to the dealer and beg for help ;)

Need more 'info'??? let me know

Found a video of the process once the usb is inserted

!
Dear
Hello just wanted to share my experience with updating the Map from 2009 to 2013...

I own a 2009 750i (build is 6/2009)

After long search i found 'shawnsheridan' here on the forum he provided me with much useful information, followed his directions and referral for getting the 'Activation code' which would cost at least $250 at the dealer for ONLY $50, downloaded the usb 2013 north america map
now... i know the general rule is that only cars that were built after 9/2009 can do that it still worked for me on the very first try.
It took about 45 min for the update to complete (the car was running and everything audio, phone etc.. still worked beside the navigation)
Then i had a much needed fresh 2013 map since the 2009 had many mistakes with streets and freeway exits

Many thanks to shawnsheridan who took the time to explain and provide Excellent direction.

Here is how i did it:
if the build date of the your car is before 09/2009, you likely can not update via the Glovebox USB port. but, you can try if you want, mine is 6/2009 and it did work.
Do all the process, there is no risk that i am aware of by trying. To the best of MY knowledge, if the car is not compatible, the update will not be accepted. only if you get to the stage where the car asks for the activation code then buy it!

1) Open in WinRAR or other unarchiver
2) Extract large .img File (Size is just over 30g)
3) Open .img file with 7-Zip or 'mount' the img file if you are using mac
4) Extract the 1 file and 1 folder to the root of your 32GB(min) Fat32 Formatted USB flash Drive.
5) Install through the Glovebox USB Port, wait till it loads (about 1-2 minutes), click update and wait again till it asks for the code.
6) Enter the code you got from THE GUY
7) Eat a sandwich, Drink coffee or something like that....And come back after 45 minutes

You can do all of the above at your own responsibility! if something goes wrong go to the dealer and beg for help ;)

Need more 'info'??? let me know

Found a video of the process once the usb is inserted

!
Dear coco135, i need help to donwload the maps for BMW 730Li 2012, i need maps for Africa, please help me asap.

221 - 230 of 230 Posts