·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Aw, come one ffej...

Just take a loan out on the house for $240000 and, bang, you have it. Plain and Simple. Sometimes you just need to live life on the edge;)

Although a very nice car, it's missing a pedal and a stick. :confused:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
That's a lot of dough for an Alfa.. I wonder if they're planning on bringing the 159 to the US?

·
Senior Slacker
5,646 Posts
Gorgeous car:thumbup: This was at a joint BMWCCA PCA drive last Sunday and was the center of attention.

·
Combat Commuter
1,973 Posts
Nice Stradale.

But the Alfa makes a better DD: :)

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I have the R&T magazine with the new Alfa on it. I think it's a couple months old. Anyhow, they said that it had the best brakes on any car they have ever tested. And that says a lot. And although the Alfa and the Ferrari 430 have the same motor, I'd still rather have the 430 with a manual tranny.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
I have the R&T magazine with the new Alfa on it. I think it's a couple months old. Anyhow, they said that it had the best brakes on any car they have ever tested. And that says a lot. And although the Alfa and the Ferrari 430 have the same motor, I'd still rather have the 430 with a manual tranny.
id take the 430 over the 360 but the 360 looks cleaner. Ive seen a 360 with 430 wheels....wow!!!

you can get used 360 in the low 100s now.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
id take the 430 over the 360 but the 360 looks cleaner. Ive seen a 360 with 430 wheels....wow!!!

The 360's are nice for sure. They were Ferrari's equivalent to the Porsche 996 GT3. But the 430 puts down incredible numbers that is pretty much unmatched as far as lap times go. The 430 scuderia is even quicker, but I'm not down with all that paddle shift crap:thumbdwn:.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
The 360's are nice for sure. They were Ferrari's equivalent to the Porsche 996 GT3. But the 430 puts down incredible numbers that is pretty much unmatched as far as lap times go. The 430 scuderia is even quicker, but I'm not down with all that paddle shift crap:thumbdwn:.
we need to move into that 2 bdrm appartment in Tenn which was $700 for 2 rooms and both go to woodside credit and get f360s for $1200 a month! sound like a good idea :thumbup:

I like the Alfa but why not be in the 100-120k range with the new maserati, m6, 997 turbo, CL 63s and that class vs being up against f cars?

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
we need to move into that 2 bdrm appartment in Tenn which was $700 for 2 rooms and both go to woodside credit and get f360s for $1200 a month! sound like a good idea :thumbup:

I like the Alfa but why not be in the 100-120k range with the new maserati, m6, 997 turbo, CL 63s and that class vs being up against f cars?
Don't mention TN:cry:. It makes me sad. Once school is over (another 1 1/2 yrs or so) I'm going to apply for a job at the Porsche dealership in Nashville and I can finally get back to that great state. Florida is getting worse and worse every day. This state sucks.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Wow, ffej, that's really pretty!

As they say over in E46fanatics....

"SICK! :barf: :barf: :barf:"

·
Combat Commuter
1,973 Posts

A few Euro 1999 F360s have sold in the mid-80's now (hi-mileage cars). The '99s are starting to get enthusiasts' attention on the used market now because it is the only year with slightly higher bhp and no pre-cats. If it is an imported Euro model, then the car is also lighter. Only problem if it is a Euro is that it won't be eligible for the CAM Variators and Flywheel/Clutch recalls. So that would have to be budgeted if not already done - hence the mid 80K prices.

Generally, best F360's to get are 2002+ cars. Most of the bugs were worked out in production, and the F1 system can be readily upgraded with the Stradale's TCU. (Transmission Control Unit).

IMO, for the diy rowers, the F360/F550s are probably the last years for a stick. Although, there are a few F430 6MTs, even the hard-core Ferrari stick drivers have come to realize how much the 430 steering/engine/suspension/drivetrain systems are dumbed down to integrate a 6MT into it. Michael Schumacher had an active role in finalizing the F430 handling/response parameters and without the SuperFast F1 system, the car looses focus. (And current Market Value backs that up.)

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I read a statistic saying that nowadays, only 10% of Ferrari buyers order their cars with a manual. But you can still get a manual in just about every model they make. I have seen it in 430's and even the 599. Nothing like that gated shifter!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts